Thread: defender 90 project with a 300tdi included.

Default defender 90 project with a 300tdi included.

Land Rover Defender 90 Project with 300 tdi Turbo diesel engine.

this is the ultimate summer project. Its time to build the truck you always wanted.

This is a 1984 land rover defender 90 project truck. It was originally a 2.5td with an lt77 transmission and an lt 230 transfer case. I have removed the lt 230, the transmission and the engine. I removed the dash on the inside with the plans to convert it to lhd. I sourced a 300tdi with 73k miles on it for the conversion includes the turbo, alternator and pumps. I have an LT-230 transfer case, the only thing missing is the labor and the transmission. I have random interior pieces available. What the vehicle has is a good bulkhead, fairly rust free frame, complete top. I do have the dash and it is included in the sale. I also can throw in a Discovery LHD front axle if you want to continue the conversion. The rest of the drivetrain is intact. This is a great starter project that you could build up into a great defender 90 with a little time and money. Most parts that are needed to complete the vehicle would cost under a thousand, the rest is labor. Vehicle comes with a clean NC title as well. See more pics below at

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...nder90project/
    email me because I don't check pms very often.
    draaronr@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by draaronr View Post
    Land Rover Defender 90 Project with 300 tdi Turbo diesel engine.

this is the ultimate summer project. Its time to build the truck you always wanted.

This is a 1984 land rover defender 90 project truck. It was originally a 2.5td with an lt77 transmission and an lt 230 transfer case. I have removed the lt 230, the transmission and the engine. I removed the dash on the inside with the plans to convert it to lhd. I sourced a 300tdi with 73k miles on it for the conversion includes the turbo, alternator and pumps. I have an LT-230 transfer case, the only thing missing is the labor and the transmission. I have random interior pieces available. What the vehicle has is a good bulkhead, fairly rust free frame, complete top. I do have the dash and it is included in the sale. I also can throw in a Discovery LHD front axle if you want to continue the conversion. The rest of the drivetrain is intact. This is a great starter project that you could build up into a great defender 90 with a little time and money. Most parts that are needed to complete the vehicle would cost under a thousand, the rest is labor. Vehicle comes with a clean NC title as well. See more pics below at

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...nder90project/
    email me because I don't check pms very often.
    draaronr@aol.com
    forgot the price asking 4900 for it.

That looks like a good deal, where are you out of?

wilmington nc

i have another available as well.

Default What other Land Rovers do you have?

Hi, your ad says that you have other defender models available. I myself am looking for a start up project like the one you have up for sale, but I am looking for a non-running one; just the shell and frame. If you have one of this standard or know of one that is for sale, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Dan