Thread: ABS and Traction control light on

Default ABS and Traction control light on

I have the ever popular ABS/traction control warning lights on and can't seem to get rid of them...they appeared after the vehicle sat for a month or so due to maintenance...never had a problem before.

I have pulled the ABS code and and it says it's the front, left sensor air gap. So I reset the sensor...still have the light. Checked and cleaned all ABS sensor electrical connections...still have the light.

Is it possibly a relay or a ground? I am leaning towards a ground because the other day the ABS light and traction light went out and then came back after a little off camber driving.

Where should I start looking for possible ground issues besides the obvious BAT/ALT areas?

Thanks.

I have the same issue an error (2-14). Resetting the senor gave me 2 weeks without lights but now I have the same issue.

What solution did you find.

I think it may be the swivel or the stub axle bearings.
    1971 109 Safari Wagon (1 ton chassis)
    1995 LWB Range Rover Classic
    1997 Defender 90 (repaired at last)
    2001 P38A Range Rover

Solved! It ended up being a bad sensor. So...I went down to the local junkyard...but of course there were no Range Rovers (there never are)...but there were 3 or 4 Series 1 Discos. So I found one with a good set of sensors (front and rear) and carefuly pulled them from the axels. Took them all home for $25...nice! Pulled the RR's sensor and unbundled it from the pad wear sensor wiring loom, replaced it with the D1 sensor...and viola!...ABS light and TC light gone! I also cleaned up the pad wear sensor ground while I was there as I was getting an intermittent light on it too. So Disco 1 sensors work a Range Rover Classic (as I suspected they would), just takes a little more work to pull it out of the wire loom...and all for a lot less than new ones!

Good Luck!

I have the same issue with my ABC/TC lights. Any chance you can post a pic of the sensors. I've read the posts about tapping them down to reset them but I'm not sure what I'm looking for, and maybe I have been hitting the wrong thing? Yeah i know- Im just a rookie lol

Thanks

Default RRC LWB & D1

Quote Originally Posted by BullDogSix View Post
    Solved! It ended up being a bad sensor. So...I went down to the local junkyard...but of course there were no Range Rovers (there never are)...but there were 3 or 4 Series 1 Discos. So I found one with a good set of sensors (front and rear) and carefuly pulled them from the axels. Took them all home for $25...nice! Pulled the RR's sensor and unbundled it from the pad wear sensor wiring loom, replaced it with the D1 sensor...and viola!...ABS light and TC light gone! I also cleaned up the pad wear sensor ground while I was there as I was getting an intermittent light on it too. So Disco 1 sensors work a Range Rover Classic (as I suspected they would), just takes a little more work to pull it out of the wire loom...and all for a lot less than new ones!

Good Luck!
    Many parts of the D1 are interchangeable with the RRC LWB. The only difference I've seen are the body panels. Same engine, trans, axles, gear box...

Cheers,
    1990 RRC, 3.9L, AUTO "Willow Pond" (Sold)
    1996 D1, 4.0L, AUTO "Lucas"
    1999 RR, 4.0L, AUTO "Belle" (Sold)