Thread: install power stering

Default install power stering

hi i have siries 3 model and i want to install power stering , if it possible can someone give me some details for it installation

thumb-up

Quote Originally Posted by siries3
    hi i have siries 3 model and i want to install power stering , if it possible can someone give me some details for it installation

Jim Young details how he did it on his site www.seriestrek.com

I have PS but my Series3 is a coiler chassis so it is a more involved modification beacause of the placement of the spring supports and requires relocating the front crossmember.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNY
    Well golly you beat me to it with a link to the power steering page of my web site.

I've had the Scout power steering installed for 8 years this summer and it had performed flawlessly during that time. Single handed steering in a parking lot or navigating a boulder field.

I almost didn't do the upgrade but I'm really glad I did.

However you do it, make sure you incorporate a double-D collapsible column between your steering box and the steering column. I've seen too many old cars with the steering columns jammed into the headrest after a front-end collision.

But yes, a very worthwhile conversion!

Jim