Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expensive Series on Ebay

thumb-up Expensive Series on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-...item3eff445ade

Maybe things are looking up for us guys. A ton of bids, and its up to over 19k.

Its a nice truck, with a bunch of new parts. Nothing special though, and certainly not an original resto attempt. Looks like a lot of the galvy as been sprayed silver.

Let the critiquing begin!
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

Seeing this go up to 19,600 makes me wonder what I can get for mine. Jac put your lightweight up for sell! I wanna see how high it will go!

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Travis - saw this the other day and almost posted too. hard to believe the current bidding...and reserve not met yet? cruise-azy.
    1970 88 IIA

Wow that is a lot of $$-and I hope he get's it!

I think that is the first door plate I've seen, when did they start putting those on?
    64 IIa 88
    94 Discovery
    06 Toyota 4R (DD)

~Matt
    --------------------------------------------
    "Not all who wander are lost"~Tolkein

I don't have the exact date but the ddor plate came in on the Late IIA. Federal regs.

Quote Originally Posted by crankin View Post
    Jac put your lightweight up for sell! I wanna see how high it will go!
    Tempting, but I'm not sure about going the e-bay route. If someone is seriously looking for a Lightweight like mine, I'm sure they'll find me.

I saw that SIIA while cruising on e-bay yesterday. It's a nice looking vehicle, and I'm curious to see what that level of quality brings for a price. Now, am I seeing things, or does the paint on the rear tub and bulkhead not match the rest?
    Look at this picture:
    http://i.ebayimg.com/07/!Br8Zohw!2k~...gZJ3g~~_12.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by jac04 View Post
    Now, am I seeing things, or does the paint on the rear tub and bulkhead not match the rest?
    Look at this picture:
    http://i.ebayimg.com/07/!Br8Zohw!2k~$(KGrHqQOKi4EvN9ENgK7BL109gZJ3g~~_12.J PG
    I was going to post the same exact question after seeing the ebay pictures....

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie View Post
    I don't have the exact date but the ddor plate came in on the Late IIA. Federal regs.
    My 72 was born in Feb...it has the door plates too. So, at least we know that June '71 they could be staples

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Default Scam!

Its not real. I've seen this a thousand times. A few minutes with PhotoShop and one of the "Rovers waiting to be rescued" pics and you wind up with a resto-Rover like this. Unscrupulous folks make millions from schemes like this.

Notice any oil leaks? Ya, me neither.
    Does the ad describe any squeeks? Noooope.
    CD changer? Mounted under the seat? Blasphemy!
    And whats up with the red master cylinder? Did my Green Bible lead me astray?

I'm going back to counting my rivets and checking to see if there is any more beer in the cooler.

64 SIIa 109 all stock
    69 SIIa 88 all stock
    Old tractors
    New Harleys
    Old trucks

Default I don't get it

What have some of you put into your rovers? Ebay is a free market place, if it sells great for him or her. You get pleasure in dissing some LR owner that probably has more than that spent on the rover? I just don't get it.
    1968 battlefield ambulance/camper
    1963 Unimog Radio box
    1995 LWB RR