Thread: Zenith linkage questions

Default Zenith linkage questions

I have recently rebuilt the original Zenith 36IV-E (emissions model) carb from my 1973 Series III SWB but have a question about the linkage. I think most of it is here, but the right angle arm (#1 arrow in first picture, little red Sharpie behind it) has me puzzled. Is this for the vacuum assembly? (This assembly is missing from my carb.) Its grooved tip looks like a spring once went there. Can I just remove it? Second question is about the throttle controlled vacuum switch (second picture), with the throttle cam that operates the switch (arrow #2) shown in the first picture (also arrow #2). It looks like the throttle controlled vacuum switch is missing a cap over the small return spring (position indicated at the tip of the mechanical pencil). Anyone know what this should look like? The switch seems ok and I am wondering if it is this worth my time in trying to get this assembly to work? I've read different opinions about this "retarded ignition" system. Advice appreciated!

Default bump up

Please excuse the self bump but just wondering if anyone has an answer for me on these questions? Many thanks in advance!