Thread: Blend motors

Default Blend motors

My right hand blend motor as gone bad. These thing are now $500 for some reason.

Question: I read somewhere that a servo from the fresh air duct may work to replace a single blend motor. What do you think?

Default Blend/Servo Motor

I've been unsuccessful with this option you describe. I too have the same issue. Went to http://www.rangerovers.net and followed the advice for tear-down only to discover that the wiring was different. I too need to find a permanent solution.

I troll eBay looking for units. Every now and then you will find a set that was dismantled to sell individually. Good luck.

Whilst at the dealer one day... I asked for an estimate. ~$550.00 for part with 12 hours labour. YIKES! 12 hours? They explain that the entire dash and center console needs to be removed.

Cheers,
    1990 RRC, 3.9L, AUTO "Willow Pond" (Sold)
    1996 D1, 4.0L, AUTO "Lucas"
    1999 RR, 4.0L, AUTO "Belle" (Sold)

I have a customer that purchased a set of blend motors from the Uk for about $300 and I charged him 5 hrs to install them. You don't need to remove the whole dash
    Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)
    90 Jetta (308k miles) (sold 5/11)
    72 Triumph Stag (sold 1/08