Thread: Ignition problem

Default Ignition problem

I'm having problems with the engine running normal then usually after running for 15 minutes it will run rough with the engine not firing on a few of the cylinders. While initially troubleshooting, after checking the wire connections and cap security it started running smooth after I put pressure on the cap itself...cap & rotor were replaced but did not fix.

Next step is to change the wires and check the plugs although they're only 3 years old - based on how it's an intermittent problem I'm more inclined to think it's the something in the whole distributor assembly. There is also vertical play with the rotor - not sure if that is normal for a D90 distributor.

Any ideas or similar examples welcome before I keep spending money on the easy paths.

Thanks
    DAN

This sounds like one of those 'issues' that can't really be diagnosed without a 'hands-on'. It does have the sound of an amplifier breaking down due to heat.