Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Series Bulkheads

Default New Series Bulkheads

Unless I'm totally mistaken it appears that there are new bulkheads being manufactured aftermarket in England. Does anyone on this forum have any experience with them?
    Jim

A member of my club (Mr. Zen from LRM) has one but it has not yet been installed. From what I hear it is very nice.

There was a write up about in LRM last year but I don't know which month.

I'd love more info on this. How much are they going for?

Jorh Craddock lists them on his website for 610 british pounds. There is also a thread on the Series 2 Club Forum which talks about a gentleman named Andrew Morris who makes galvanized ones but I don't know the price. I'm surprised that RN says that they aren't made and doesn't offer to order them.

Yes I did see it but I need a 2a and quite frankly would prefer a galvanized one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-ME
    Jorh Craddock lists them on his website for 610 british pounds. There is also a thread on the Series 2 Club Forum which talks about a gentleman named Andrew Morris who makes galvanized ones but I don't know the price. I'm surprised that RN says that they aren't made and doesn't offer to order them.
    Andrew Morris is the fellow that made Mr. Zen's. If someone gets LRM they may be able to look up his phone number for you as I think it is in the article.

my gray IIa would thank you all if there was more info on the galvanized ones

The only information I have comes from here:
    http://nhua.co.uk/smf_1-0-5/index.ph...&topic=10471.0

I'm currently checking thru a good friend RovahFarm.com because he has contacts in Englandthat may be able to shed some light on the availability and price. The more people that contact Trevor the better off we will all be.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-ME
    Yes I did see it but I need a 2a and quite frankly would prefer a galvanized one.
    Well getting them galvanized afterwards isn't the hardest part. I have my doubts on the quality of the remanufactured firewalls. Anyone have pictures they can share ?

I remember Series I bulkheads being replicated in the UK, it wasn't too pretty to say the least. I think they are even still being made, don't remember the chaps name. But then word has it that there are 2 different guys making them for the Series 1 now.

The other options are obviously SIII, or defender bulkhead and weld on the parcel tray from the IIA, and then hotdip the whole thing. Defender bulkhead makes even more sense for the hybird, 200 - 300 tdi crowd as you will most likely be fitting a LT77, 85 or R380.

So if anyone has pictures please post them....

happy rovering.
    1967 MGB convertible
    1966 SIIa 88 Softop Perkins Prima Powered
    1964 SIIa 109 Rosenbauer TLF
    1976 1ton Rapier missle Sankey trailer
    1996 BMW 1100 GS

wanted ! 107 wagon / 110 wagon v8 or 300tdi