Thread: Blinking (hazard) lights on!

Default Blinking (hazard) lights on!

I noticed that every time I drive my LR Disco 1996 by a rough road o bumpy road the Hazard lights turn on and the doors locks get up. The only way to turn it off is turning off the ignition and turning it on again; because is a manual trans. Few days ago is more frequent after I change to new tires Firestone AT. I know how to deal when its happen, but is a little disconforting when you are not alone in the vehicle. Do anayone can give me a hint how to fix it.......please !! Gracias (Thank you) !

discos have an inertia sensor, mine takes a serious impact to trigger, good example I was offroading and found a fresh washout in a road, bout 2 feet deep goin 25 mph it triggered mine. if its taking little to no inertia I'd say your switch is getting weak??? if its only when you take a bumpy road at excessive speed or tackle an obstacle less than gently shall we say, then consider it your rover telling you you're bein a bit rough. they can go anywhere and get through anything (at appropriate speed and approach). that being said I can't remember where that switch is at but I'd imagine Les and the team could hook you up with part and location.

Quote Originally Posted by SGFMORover View Post
    discos have an inertia sensor, mine takes a serious impact to trigger, good example I was offroading and found a fresh washout in a road, bout 2 feet deep goin 25 mph it triggered mine. if its taking little to no inertia I'd say your switch is getting weak??? if its only when you take a bumpy road at excessive speed or tackle an obstacle less than gently shall we say, then consider it your rover telling you you're bein a bit rough. they can go anywhere and get through anything (at appropriate speed and approach). that being said I can't remember where that switch is at but I'd imagine Les and the team could hook you up with part and location.

Thanks for the advise and I start to search in the internet lo locate the switch. Mine had to be in really bad condition because it start to blink in a little bump in the highway. The best practice I found is to decrease the tires pressures to 28 to 26 psi. As soon as I change the switch I will let you know the results. Gracias amigo.

be careful lowering tire pressures, lowering too much not only drops mileage and wears tires uneven, it'll significantly increase the chances of a blowout.... hot temps, high speeds and heavy rovers cause too much strain on the tire if the pressure isn't great enough to offset it your tire can give out..... remember the firestone/ford explorer fiasco? ford dropped recommended pressure on the tire to try and get a smoother ride, firestone rated the tire for the appropriate weight at a higher psi (granted there was a flaw in manufacture too but the tires would have likely performed fine at proper levels)... long story short, always be hesitant to compensate for a problem with something that could cause more problems.... there may be a way to just bypass the sensor quick and easily until you can replace it, call RN and dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by SGFMORover View Post
    be careful lowering tire pressures, lowering too much not only drops mileage and wears tires uneven, it'll significantly increase the chances of a blowout.... hot temps, high speeds and heavy rovers cause too much strain on the tire if the pressure isn't great enough to offset it your tire can give out..... remember the firestone/ford explorer fiasco? ford dropped recommended pressure on the tire to try and get a smoother ride, firestone rated the tire for the appropriate weight at a higher psi (granted there was a flaw in manufacture too but the tires would have likely performed fine at proper levels)... long story short, always be hesitant to compensate for a problem with something that could cause more problems.... there may be a way to just bypass the sensor quick and easily until you can replace it, call RN and dealer.
    Thanks for the advise but I m using it for short trips inside my forest nursery and sa soon as I repair it, it will be kissing the road. I will keep you updated !