Thread: Need good mechanic in Midcoast Maine

Default Need good mechanic in Midcoast Maine

Hi,
    Just bought a 2003 Discovery II with about 84K and a few gremlins. Anyone know of a good Discovery mechanic in my area? Thanx...
    Carrie

You might try sending an email to our hosts, they can probably give you a list of shops in your area, then you can check them out in person. It's a good idea to visit a repair shop before you need repair, more often than not it becomes quickly evident if this is a place you can work with. (when your Rover's broken isn't a good time to make this judgement.) Any good shop will be glad to show you around and explain their "philosophy".
    Gale Breitkreutz
    '03 Disco
    '74 Series III 88 (sold, 4/13)
    '47 CJ2A

Default Thank you, Gale

Thank you, Gale! I actually was contacted by a forum member that lives in my neck of the woods and received two recommendations, one of which I had an unanticipated need for, yesterday. Eastern Tire in Rockland, Maine on Route 1 is superb! Ask for Aaron or Steve: great work, fast, very, very fair prices... Had my Discovery II in the same day, replaced a broken serpentine belt at $129.55 (parts and labor) and it was ready to go, two hours later! I was told that, apart from some suspension stuff, two of their mechanics with 50 years or so of experience between them will do whatever work is needed on Land Rovers.
    Carrie