Thread: No ABS/TC

Exclamation No ABS/TC

I have a '99 DII, in which the ABS/TC self check lights do not turn on with the ignition. The HDC light comes on, checks, and turns off. When the vehicle is running, no warning lights appear on the IP.
    In low range, when the HDC button is pressed, beeps are sounded, but again no warning lights. I know for a fact my ABS & TC are inoperative.
    Any ideas on what might this be would be appreciated, as I am truly at a loss and would like to be able to stop just a wee bit better.

Thor - If you know for sure that the ABS & TC are out, I'm surprised you're not having all three light up while driving. Just one of those going out will cause all three to come on (for sure the ABS). If they're not coming on, the system should be fine.

After engaging the HDC control, the beeping should sound and the HDC light should blink while engaing and then stay on. I say check the relay switches - it could be something that simple since you're not geeting the infamous "Three Amigos" light show.

Yup, the ABS/TC are definitely out, as I discovered in the winter when I had to hit the brakes and skidded. Nothing lights up when I drive, however.
    I did go in to low range and hit the HDC button, but there were three quick beeps and no flashing of the downhill Disco on the dash. I'll look into the relay issue, as it may very well be that simple a fix to a complex problem.
    Thanks for the help.