Thread: looking to buy a viscous coupling

Default looking to buy a viscous coupling

anyone have one for a 1995 RRC?

or the linkage for an LT230?

sorry to over post but im in a bind

What part of the linkage do you need?
    Are we talking the fan clutch or the Borg Warner Transfer case viscous?
    Pse supply some more info.

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for the Borg Warner Transfer case viscous.

As an alternative I was thinking of replacing it with the LT230 but would need to find the shift linkage.

Also you would need the front drive shaft and transfer box mounts, as they are peculiar to each type of t. box.
    I am considering "thinning the herd" and may have a 1992 Classic LSE with a good Borg Warner etc. for sale.
    The corrosion on the bulkhead has gotten away from me and thus needs to find a new home.
    PM me if you are interested and I"ll give you some more details.
    Last edited by Les Parker; 06-25-2010 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Grammar

well i found a few options, a used VC and a used transfer case including the VC both for about the same price.

does it make sense to replace the whole transfer case at this point? how hard/ time consuming is that compared to just replacing the VC

my other option is to by the transfer case and take off the VC and keep the rest for backup

thanks for the input

well my purchase of the VC fell though, guy didnt end up shipping it and the paypal was returned so no hard feelings.

so now I'm back to looking for a VC for my 1995 RRC

or alternatives?

Thanks again folks

ashcroft transmissions will be your best friend

thanks
    that is a great place, i just checked out the web page. I know that rovers north carries the VC too. I'm just not looking to drop $1000 on a part right now, so I was hopeful that I might find a used VC that was more affordable.

Sorry to be begging but if anyone out there finds one please do let me know.

Ed

i though exchange rate plus customs and shipping accros the pond came out to roughly 1/2 of what the host wants for the unit in question.