Thread: Dash lights out

Default Dash lights out

I have bought a switch/dimmer/rheostat that has part # PRC 4621 for my 1994 Range Rover Classic. Anyone know if that is the correct switch? I know it has been twice superceded. I know this switch came out of a '91, but no way could I even find the %$^&* switch listed in ANYONES parts catalogs!! I don't wanna take that panel off if I can help it, so I just want to know if this switch will work. I have Googled it and they don't give the info. Have been on it for 3 hrs, and 5 forums. Plz email me @:
    jgkmmoore@yahoo.com
    if you know the answer.

Default Update on dimmer switch

This dimmer switch does work for the dash lights dimming, however, does not switch on the dome light as the old switch did. Actually a better deal...ya don't leave the dome light on to kill the battery.

all my lights on dash light up at ignishin, dome light and all the other inside lights work ,but I have no dash lights, hard to see how fast Im going at night. will a dimmer switch keep the dash lights from comming on

Default Dash lights out

You betcha. Almost always the culprit.