Hi All,

I am new in these parts, but glad to be here! I would really like some help and would appreciate any guidance at all.

I am thinking of selling two of my landys to fund the purchase of a newer one, but have no idea how to price either one of them.

I have looked around quite a bit but cannot find any way or any idea of how to come up with a reasonable price....so, help please!

At the moment, I'm only thinking about selling them.....the reason why I haven't posted pics.

The first one to go will be my 1985 90. It is a factory built lhd vehicle and has a newly rebuilt 300tdi engine which I bought from an engineer in England who is nothing short of a craftsman....a true work of art of an engine. It also has a reconditioned 5 speed gearbox, newly fitted galvanised chassis, newly installed air con, newly painted in and out; uprated dash, new trim fitted to all panels and new headlining and carpets. New leather seats in the front, and two centrally mounted matching seats in the rear; it's also about to have the panoramic windows fitted (the vehicle is dark green). However, I have no idea how to price it. It looks and behaves like a newish vehicle.....as much as a 25 year old truck could......however, I would really like a truck with auto transmission as my daily driver so that I can persuade my wife to drive it, so have my eye on a colleague's truck. He's looking to sell in October, so, I would probably look at selling my truck in September. My vehicle has done almost 1,000 miles since the complete rebuild. It was a 70k mile vehicle before the rebuild.

The other I am thinking of selling is my 1985 prototype. It is incredibly rare, one of the rarest military defenders in existence......and, seats aside, quite original. Only 33k km from new on it's 2.5 NA diesel engine, it is the forerunner of the pathfinder and thought to be only one of two produced, however, I just cannot justify having a two seater. It's wonderful as the vehicle dismantles in minutes as most of it's parts are removable. It's not like a lightweight at all, as, on viewing, it looks just like any other soft top military 90.....it's just not like any other, and, it is a factory lhd vehicle. I have currently lent the vehicle to a museum for research, but hope to have it back soon. It's in it's original military guise, however, it has no rust or rot, solid bulkhead and waxoyl chassis. Only driven about 300 miles a year for each of the last ten years, but looked after like a baby for each of those years. Any idea about what it could be worth?

TIA