Thanks all for the advice. I think I'll leave the sawzall alone for now, replace the u-joints/driveshaft and engine/gearbox mounts. If the shaft is still binding after all of that, a couple hundred pounds of sandbags might become a fixture in the bed until time/gravity do their trick.

Quote Originally Posted by enovey
Hopefully you can fix the problem, but Atlantic British would not sell me the set of parabolics that I ordered from them. After I placed the order, they called me back and said that they couldn't sell them because the sets that they were selling were giving other buyers problems. The exact problems you are having. They said that the springs raised the ride height too much and the shafts were binding.
Again good luck with a fix, maybe you can still return them?
Interesting that Atlantic British wouldn't sell the parabolics. I first tried to get the spring kit from RN in May, and was suprised when I called to be told that they wouldn't have any available until next year. I then called Atlantic British, who sold me the parabolics and didn't mention a thing.

I called Atlantic British two days ago to describe my problem and ask about the mounts (they couldn't tell me that the transmission and transfer case mounts are the same). I described fully the issue and that it arose from the new spring kit, but there was no mention that this is a recurring issue.

After paying $1000 for the suspension installation, I'm not likely to pull the springs and send them back. Anybody think they should give me a discount on the parts to fix the problem?