so I've got the stereotypical wobble in my 95 disco steering. does fine at low speeds but if I'm going straight and my RF hits a bump I get a killer wobble for 5-10 seconds or until I drop below 40mph. doesn't happen if I'm going around a turn or below 40, or if I'm hitting the brakes hard.

here's the thing, i've been fighting this for awhile. it doesn't get driven much so I've slowly tackled it over the last 2 years and 1000 miles.

did the steering damper first, then tie rod ends; last summer I rebuilt both swivel balls/pins/wheel bearings. new ball on the RF (was pitted) and new bearings all around. tension is probly set slightly high if anything so I know its shimmed up good. I've had some play in my steering wheel so I just did the steering box las weekend - play is gone and steering is great, takes a little force to turn but I know my pins are shimmed a lil tight.

drivin this morning and sure as hell hit a bump while coasting straight at 70 mph and thought the wheel was coming off, now that my steering doesn't have any play It almost seems worse!

I've heard of bushings doing it? but which bushings? and how does that make sense?

HELP?!