2.25 petrol in good shape
New tank and fuel pump, new lines correctly routed (in front of water pump), rebuilt Rochester carb and new fuel filter.

On the way back from a rock crawling event (won’t do that again!)I was pushing it hard going through the mountains of Va near Charlottesville. Truck was running strong, maintaining between 60 to 65mph and only having to shift out of overdrive on one climb. Temperature gauge read slightly above normal, needle at the top of the “N”. After stopping for fuel at the half way point, I took on 10 gallons. Getting back on the highway it died within a half mile. I’ve fought vapor lock before so I recognized the symptoms. The fuel filter right in front of the carb had fuel, I pumped the fuel pump and watched fuel load in the filter but still wouldn’t run. So I sat by the side of the highway for 20 minutes until things cooled down. Started it up and after a few minutes of rough idle I completed the last 60 miles with no problems.

After reading the related posts can anyone suggest a fix short of an electric pump with a return line? Was it the “cold” gas and “hot” motor not agreeing?

Thanks