X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patrickfoley1
    1st Gear
    • Feb 2010

Good Luck and have much fun. According to my records 544 began production 28 November 1966 and was completed 6 December 1966. Original Color was Limestone and it was shipped to Rover, Vancouver. I have copies of the Parts and Repair Manuals for our Units. I am an Original Owner. Jim Chandler (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

Comment

• jeffz95
      Low Range
      • Jan 2019

So you own a series Rover that you bought new, how cool. I am told that much of original manuals and such are still with the truck, I hope it’s true. Yes I was told it came from Canada and I purchased from owner #3. Still original faded paint with exception of roof that has been painted a dark green Land Rover color. Can’t wait till it gets here.
      Thanks much for info.

Comment

• bfein1075
        Low Range
        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by jeffz95
        The 109 pic is a while back, i have detailed pics not real good ill post better when shes home. Original paint, straight body, some cool bits, extra 6 cylinder motor, inspection came out good, a driver.
        Love that it came with an extra motor. I find that most of these that come up for sale either have a non rover engine or come with a spare. Mine did!

Comment

• jeffz95
          Low Range
          • Jan 2019

Officially home so here’s details to add to registry. #544 titled as a 68 as Patrickfoley1 listed in prior post built in 66 delivered to Canada. I purchased from 3rd owner in Missula Montana and now resides here in Kiowa Colorado. 20 yrs of service records from same high end restoration shop in Missula with 102k miles, original paint, straight body, pto winch, and some cool period correct upgrades. Runs, shifts and drives nice.

Comment

• jeffz95
            Low Range
            • Jan 2019

Officially home so here’s details to add to registry. #544 titled as a 68 as Patrickfoley1 listed in prior post built in 66 delivered to Canada. I purchased from 3rd owner in Missula Montana and now resides here in Kiowa Colorado. 20 yrs of service records from same high end restoration shop in Missula with 102k miles, original paint, straight body, pto winch, and some cool period correct upgrades. Runs, shifts and drives nice.
            Heres a few pics.
            Attached Files

Comment

• bfein1075
              Low Range
              • Jul 2017

Heres a few pics.
              What color is the roof?

Comment

• patrickfoley1
                1st Gear
                • Feb 2010

Great pictures, and looks to be in real good shape. The color of the roof originally would have been Limestone in an effort to keep the interior cool. patrickfoley1 (Jim Chandler-redbrush2@yahoo.com)

Comment

• jeffz95
                  Low Range
                  • Jan 2019

Originally posted by patrickfoley1
                  Great pictures, and looks to be in real good shape. The color of the roof originally would have been Limestone in an effort to keep the interior cool. patrickfoley1 (Jim Chandler-redbrush2@yahoo.com)
                  prior owner had from belt line up removed disassembled and painted roof a factory dark green and then all seals including door weather stripping replaced. All other paint original, an issue I have with the fresh door weather stripping is it is really tough to get door to shut flush.

Comment

• bfein1075
                    Low Range
                    • Jul 2017

prior owner had from belt line up removed disassembled and painted roof a factory dark green and then all seals including door weather stripping replaced. All other paint original, an issue I have with the fresh door weather stripping is it is really tough to get door to shut flush.
                    Riveted on seals?

Comment

• jeffz95
                      Low Range
                      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by bfein1075
                      Riveted on seals?
                      not sure, explain ?

Comment

• tidge
                        Low Range
                        • Feb 2019

Hi all

I'm new to the idea of owning an 109 NADA Land Rover, wondering if anyone might have a fairly original one for sale? I'm an old car guy who does his own upkeep and maintenance, I have three classic cars in addition to our four daily drivers, and would love to take on the responsibility of a remaining one of the 811.

Thanks

Tim Glahn
                        Burke, VA

Comment

• jeffz95
                          Low Range
                          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by bfein1075
                          Riveted on seals?
                          yes I checked they are riveted. I did discover the issue, the door is not aligned properly. It’s not sagging but needs to be raised about 3/8” so it aligns with the body line. Need to research best way to do that.

Comment

• jeffz95
                            Low Range
                            • Jan 2019

Sounds like me, I have a mix of vintage cars and A Series has always been on my list. The 67 just kinda popped up and once I did research on how few and cool they are I had to make it happen. They are way cool, good luck on your search.

Comment

• berlinabum
                              Low Range
                              • Jan 2019

Hi all,

Meant to get to this for some time. Last fall after a number of years I was able to obtain Nada 109 #34300385A from a friend of mine.

Truck has been off the road since the mid 80s. NO rust and straight, but, some assembly required. Plenty of new and spare parts were included. Also 2 6cyl engines, one has been rebuilt? the other is used but good. NO WESTLAKE head. The head appears to be a euro spec 6cyl version.Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3907.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	169912
                              I am hoping to gather more info on this truck from "the experts" and hope they (this forum) are still providing the registry stickers. ANY info shared will be greatly appreciated. My plan, outside the westlake head, will be a proper restoration.

Thank you.
                              Mark
                              Attached Files

Comment

• clearcut
                                2nd Gear
                                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by berlinabum
                                Hi all,

Meant to get to this for some time. Last fall after a number of years I was able to obtain Nada 109 #34300385A from a friend of mine.

Truck has been off the road since the mid 80s. NO rust and straight, but, some assembly required. Plenty of new and spare parts were included. Also 2 6cyl engines, one has been rebuilt? the other is used but good. NO WESTLAKE head. The head appears to be a euro spec 6cyl version.[ATTACH=CONFIG]12986[/ATTACH]
                                I am hoping to gather more info on this truck from "the experts" and hope they (this forum) are still providing the registry stickers. ANY info shared will be greatly appreciated. My plan, outside the westlake head, will be a proper restoration.

Thank you.
                                Mark
                                please post picture of the engines.

i have 2 Nada's both running 2.6L

Josh T
                                1967 Land Rover 109
                                1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Comment

Working...