X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preeve
    Low Range
    • Aug 2019

Clutch pipe routing and bracket location

Hi I am rebuilding my left hand drive series 3 and can’t for the life of me figure out where the bracket goes. Does anyone have photos?

Thanks
  • erik88lr
    1st Gear
    • May 2016

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clutch bracket.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	170052
    On my '73 Ser III 88" there is a solid hydraulic line from the M/C that goes along the back of the firewall over to the other side of the truck, then down to a bracket fixed to the inner fender. From there a flex line goes down to a bracket held to the block by two 5/16" bolts (½" head). That bracket is bolted to the block right behind the fuel pump sediment bowl. From that bracket it appears that another solid line runs above the bellhousing to the Slave Cyl on the other side. Kind of a convoluted path, but it works. Can barely see the bracket on the photo above

Comment

• Preeve
      Low Range
      • Aug 2019

Thanks so much because mine is a left hand drive it will be different but I am going to go with a bracket on the side of the foot well. Just need to locate a bracket somewhere on the block.

Comment

• erik88lr
        1st Gear
        • May 2016

Originally posted by Preeve
        Thanks so much because mine is a left hand drive it will be different but I am going to go with a bracket on the side of the foot well. Just need to locate a bracket somewhere on the block.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Landy Dash.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	170053

Mine is LHD as well, so bracket should be as I show in the earlier post.

Comment

• cedryck
          5th Gear
          • Sep 2010

If I remember correctly, the LHD truck I saw, had plastic clips that helped to hold the clutch pipe to the firewall.

Comment

• Preeve
            Low Range
            • Aug 2019

Wow! That is a convoluted routing! Again thanks so much

Comment

Working...