X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisste
    Low Range
    • Aug 2008

What are these?

I'm installing a new wiring harness in my 1969 Series IIA and wondering what these are. I believe the thing on the left is a voltage stabilizer (for fuel and temp gauge). How about the Lucas box on the right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	stabilizer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	175080
  • charles1943
    1st Gear
    • Jan 2021

Originally posted by chrisste
    i'm installing a new wiring harness in my 1969 series iia and wondering what these are. I believe the thing on the left is a voltage stabilizer (for fuel and temp gauge). How about the lucas box on the right?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14704[/ATTACH]
    that would be the flasher for your 4-way hazzard lights

Comment

• jimrr
      4th Gear
      • Dec 2010

probably but it could be a self re-setting circuit breaker but idk what that'd be used for............ what about that delay in the starter where you have to turn the key off then back on to rotate the engine again?

Comment

• roverp480
        3rd Gear
        • Jul 2020

Originally posted by charles1943
        that would be the flasher for your 4-way hazzard lights
        If you take it out of its holder it will have a code printed on its face , as per this Click image for larger version

Name:	50740-stc4793lucas-lucas-flasher-unit-two-pin-to-1994.jpg
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	170567 and then get a definitive answer

Comment

• chrisste
          Low Range
          • Aug 2008

Yep, it's a flasher

That is indeed what it is! Is there any special care and feeding (testing) I should do before wiring it up with the new harness? Also, it appears I have two flashers--one is connected to the "Hazard Warning Switch" (#34 in schematic). I'm not sure what the two pole flasher (35048A) is for. Perhaps a PO used the cylindrical flasher unit in place of the two-pole flasher?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1353.jpg
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	170568Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5345.jpg
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	170569Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 2.43.11 PM.jpg
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	170570

Comment

• chrisste
            Low Range
            • Aug 2008

Still working on the wiring here. Does anyone know if a replacement for the Lucas 35048 Indicator Unit is available. If not, any ideas on how to wire the cylindrical Hazard/turnsignal flasher into the system, bypassing the Indicator Unit?

Comment

• roverp480
              3rd Gear
              • Jul 2020

Originally posted by chrisste
              Still working on the wiring here. Does anyone know if a replacement for the Lucas 35048 Indicator Unit is available. If not, any ideas on how to wire the cylindrical Hazard/turn signal flasher into the system, bypassing the Indicator Unit?
              So you have any hazard flasher circuit at all ?
              RN have a two terminal turn flasher unit you could use .
              A one combined flasher/hazard unit probably could be wired in but you need the appropriate hazard switch as well . The Series 3 Military vehicles had a set up using I think Bosch Units . The flasher has 6 terminals and the switch 8. See below
              Attached Files

Comment

• chrisste
                Low Range
                • Aug 2008

Yes, I have the hazard flasher circuit.I've received the two terminal flasher unit from RN and am in the process of sorting out the other wiring before I install it. I'm also putting a new Delco alternator in and have to build a wiring harness for it.

Comment

Working...