X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    Low Range
    • Feb 2007

4.6 or tdi Into 1990 RR Classic?

I have decided on the 4.6 for my truck if I keep with the petrol. I have been hearing about converting these to diesels but i am not sure where to start! I like the better economy of the tdi but the questions are, do i need to get an engine and trani, different exaust, different fuel tank, what kind of ability is there to find parts. i would love any stories about prevouse swaps. The discovery is not much different so if anyone knows about converting them i would love to here about it as well. thanks for might have any info!
    Dan
  • scott95LWB
    Low Range
    • May 2007

4.6 engine in 95 lwb classic

My Rover is at the local dealer now getting a new 4.6 short block installed, I will let you know later this week how it goes but I did a lot of research and found very little of using Tdi engine. The change over cost for Tdi I think would cost more than the gas mileage advantage.

Good Luck!

Comment

• Maxredd90
      Low Range
      • Dec 2007

for the price of a TDi conversion you easily afford a 2002 range rover with low miles! The TDi is an expensive conversion!!!
      Mac Mattingly
      St. Simons Island, Ga

Comment

• Dan
        Low Range
        • Feb 2007

Sounds like the 4.6 right now might be the best bet for me? Keep me posted on the new 4.6, Thanks Dan

Comment

• CliftonRover
          3rd Gear
          • Mar 2007

look at disco tech industries they sell a Izuzu 2.8L turbo diesel with more power than the Tdi. It also has the adapters to hook up to the rover tranny.

Comment

Working...