X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim Smith
    Overdrive
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Maryland 110
    This years MAR ? I dragged my sankey there as well but just had firewood and swapmeet stuff in it.
    Sure was.

2010 was a good year for my little rover. I got a chance to do quite a few events and catch up with a lot of friends both old and new.

Comment

• Skookumchuck
      2nd Gear
      • Oct 2010

I just picked up a sankey without a tub. What is the best option can you buy a tub or is just best to build one from sratch? I am in SE BC Canada so I doubt there is anything close to here. Have to fix the kids D90 first and then after that we are going to tackle the trailer.
      1968 Series IIA
      1987 D90 Kid's project
      German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)

Comment

• Tim Smith
        Overdrive
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Skookumchuck
        I just picked up a sankey without a tub. What is the best option can you buy a tub or is just best to build one from sratch? I am in SE BC Canada so I doubt there is anything close to here. Have to fix the kids D90 first and then after that we are going to tackle the trailer.
        It depends on what you want to do with the trailer. There are a few things I would change with mine to fit my own use but you might find the standard tub a perfect fit for your use.

I'm not sure where you would be able to find a new tub though. They are known for rusting out so used ones may not be so great. New old stock maybe? If I had a frame without a body, I'd start fabricating. You could make an awesome trailer with not too much labour.

Comment

• Skookumchuck
          2nd Gear
          • Oct 2010

I think I will just build up a frame and sheet it with metal panels, with a side opening lid. I would like to keep all of my cooking equipment on it the propane bottles for the grill etc. I was looking at some of the trailers that others have built on other web sites. It will have to go in some pretty rough country so I was thinking the sankey frame and axles would be a good starting point.
          1968 Series IIA
          1987 D90 Kid's project
          German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)

Comment

• Retfordlad
            Low Range
            • Jun 2011

The correct warning triangles are all over Evilbay all the time - - there are or were two or three main makers - - Rubbolite etc - - the ones with small reflectors does show up too - two sets in last month - take offs - tends to go for good money, the small reflectors Im sure are out there if you keep haunting Evilbay UK - -

Comment

Working...