X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpelliott70
    Low Range
    • Jun 2013

Help I need to get the oil pan off of my Rover

Hi all- I have a 98 P38A Range Rover 4.0 SE that I picked up over the winter. Ran in to some issues and I have some work ahead of me- I have reason to believe after draining the oil that the oil sump is filter is clogged but to get to that I need to get the oil pan off. I cannot however get the oil pan past the anti-roll bar(?) nor can I get the heated oxygen sensor to disconnect from the side of the oil pan. I am no mechanic but I can usually make my way around a vehicle. This one has me stymied. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • tpelliott70
    Low Range
    • Jun 2013

So after another day of looking at the manual apparently my brain has engaged. Oil pan removed, sensor disconnected. Now on to the sump filter and hose. From what I see, it's looking more and more like an oil pump repair...

Comment

• dunerunner
      1st Gear
      • May 2008

Way to stay with it! I've found myself just standing in the garage, staring at my Rover like I think it will fix itself......
      '94 D-90, '59 SII 109 Regular

Comment

• tpelliott70
        Low Range
        • Jun 2013

"staring at my Rover like I think it will fix itself"-- This is exactly what I have been doing.

Comment

• crusader
          Low Range
          • Jun 2013

I am glad you got it sorted
          This Message is presented by Treasure coast Land Rover and Terrafirma serious 4x4 accesories

1997 range rover 6.2L DSE
          engine HMMWV 6.2L diesel
          5 speed manual transmission
          HMMWV hydraulic winch

Comment

Working...