Thread: interesting book

Default interesting book

I have no affiliation with the seller. Thought someone may be interested. Probably $100 US would buy it.

1958-1960 Land Rover Series II Factory Spare Parts Catalogue SWB LWB... (craigslist.org)

I'd like to read it, just to see the options available (if they're all listed). This was at the height of exporting to africa and of course many other places but I can't see paying much for it, sorry!

Thumbs down

They've reprinted those. You can get a brand new one from our hosts or on Amazon for about $60.

The newer ones have updated parts numbers for superceded parts, and they still have those great exploded view diagrams.

Honestly, I don't know what you're getting for $150 besides a vintage book to brag about(which is cool for other reasons). But, if you're just looking for the info...you can get the reprints...or..um.."find" online scans(pdf) of most of the manuals.

Plus, CraigsList is full of scammers. Last truck I sold on CraigsList, some scammer sent me a fraudulent cashier's check that got my bank account closed for a little while. CraigsList can eat bricks!

But that's just my ramblings. Don't take any offense.
    ...┌───────┬──,,
    ...|______OD__|__\\_____
    ...d ..__ .........° |°... | ..__....p
    »»└/ | \────┴──┴/ | \─┘≡
    ..../..@........................@

1973 Series 3, 109

Quote Originally Posted by vlad_d View Post
    They've reprinted those. You can get a brand new one from our hosts or on Amazon for about $60.

The newer ones have updated parts numbers for superceded parts, and they still have those great exploded view diagrams.

Honestly, I don't know what you're getting for $150 besides a vintage book to brag about(which is cool for other reasons). But, if you're just looking for the info...you can get the reprints...or..um.."find" online scans(pdf) of most of the manuals.

Plus, CraigsList is full of scammers. Last truck I sold on CraigsList, some scammer sent me a fraudulent cashier's check that got my bank account closed for a little while. CraigsList can eat bricks!

But that's just my ramblings. Don't take any offense.
    yea, i've had what should of been a couple close calls like that! Other than cash or gold i guess in the future the buyer will have to show up and wait a couple days till the bank verifies the deposit, I'm not sure what sort of a transaction would work, like if buyer wants to show up on a saturday morning, leave and get to work monday morning?