Quote Originally Posted by mrmoose View Post
Haha, Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. To the wet blanket guy. I'm not going to listen to you for lack of funds, sticking my head in the sand seems like the best option right now.
When I said handy with a welder I wasn't joking. I haven't got $4000 to blow on a new frame plus shipping what I do have is a mostly rotten frame, a Haynes manual with a bunch of measurements, a welder and a truck full of 3/16" steel. This is not going to be any big restoration this os going to be an adventure. I know some of you guys are cringing at the thought of that. This is purely going to be fix it up, get it to pass a safety and make it look mostly decent so others can enjoy my 66 Rover as much as me.
Ha ha yourself! Have been thru this enough times to be able to tell you that the chassis is the least of your issues. Hope it comes together for you. Lets see where you are a year from now! Highly recommend that you get the chassis galvanized once you have completed repairs. It'll be one of those things you'll wish you'd done if you don't!