Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1332

Thread: Show us your Series

  1. #1001
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NDNAJNS View Post
    Attachment 7835Attachment 7836Attachment 7837

    Fresh from the Pangolin shop in Oregon, here are a couple of photos from my weekend trip bringing my 88 to San Francisco. Ike did an amazing job!

    Here's his page with more information: http://www.pangolin4x4.com/projects/rover-dark-grey-88/

    So you're the owner of the truck we've been drooling about over on the GnR forum!

    http://siteground237.com/~gunsandr/s...storation-****

    Amazing Rover!

  2. #1002
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Thanks, all! I still check the garage every now and then to make sure I'm not dreaming. Looking forward to driving it more and working on it myself.

    The color was definitely worth the trouble. So pleased that Ike was able to track down an original dark grey, since the mid grey or even burnt grey wasn't what I was looking for. initially, i wanted a nice original patina, but we found this truck part way through a restoration that was mechanically sound with a very solid chassis and bulkhead. Only thing was it had been stripped of all exterior paint. So I bit the bullet. Glad I did.
    1965 88 Petrol
    2009 MB C300

  3. #1003
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Love the GnR thread...had no idea. Awesome.

    Many thanks to Ed in Alaska for going on a gas run when we crossed paths in Scotia, CA. In the 700 miles I drove between Springfield, OR and SF, his sweet expedition SIIA was the ONLY series we came across. It just so happened to be the exact moment that I ran out of gas on the 101. Funny, the gage said I had 1/4 of a tank! What are the odds? But like he said, these rigs are attracted to each other.
    1965 88 Petrol
    2009 MB C300

  4. #1004
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bergen County NJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    If you wanted a truck to work on, you got the wrong one. Lets trade. Mine's got a safari hardtop, so its basically an even swap.



    nice ride!!!!
    ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
    ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

  5. #1005
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St.Louis
    Posts
    76

    Default Very nice

    Quote Originally Posted by NDNAJNS View Post
    Thanks, all! I still check the garage every now and then to make sure I'm not dreaming. Looking forward to driving it more and working on it myself.

    The color was definitely worth the trouble. So pleased that Ike was able to track down an original dark grey, since the mid grey or even burnt grey wasn't what I was looking for. initially, i wanted a nice original patina, but we found this truck part way through a restoration that was mechanically sound with a very solid chassis and bulkhead. Only thing was it had been stripped of all exterior paint. So I bit the bullet. Glad I did.
    Just wanted to say... Very nice! and enjoy.
    What kind of tyres are those if I might ask?

  6. #1006
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dietersrover View Post
    Just wanted to say... Very nice! and enjoy.
    What kind of tyres are those if I might ask?
    Not sure the exact size based on photos Derek, maybe 235 85 or 255 85, but they're BFG Mud Terrain KM2s.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

  7. #1007
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    42

    Default

    They are 235/85. Love these new KM2s. Always had ATs until this set.
    1965 88 Petrol
    2009 MB C300

  8. #1008
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NDNAJNS View Post
    Love the GnR thread...had no idea. Awesome.

    Many thanks to Ed in Alaska for going on a gas run when we crossed paths in Scotia, CA. In the 700 miles I drove between Springfield, OR and SF, his sweet expedition SIIA was the ONLY series we came across. It just so happened to be the exact moment that I ran out of gas on the 101. Funny, the gage said I had 1/4 of a tank! What are the odds? But like he said, these rigs are attracted to each other.
    Chris

    Your welcome it was nice meeting you and checking out your rover.

    Cheers Ed

  9. #1009
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NDNAJNS View Post
    They are 235/85. Love these new KM2s. Always had ATs until this set.
    I hear that! I'll be on my 2nd set of KM2s this summer.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

  10. #1010
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Granite State (NH)
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    It's been a while since I posted in this thread. Here's a quick pic of the leaker taken in the 20 minutes the sun was out following the blizzard the other day:

    --Mark

    1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

    0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Unparalleled product knowledge. Our mission is to support all original Land Rover models no longer supported by your local Land Rover franchise. We offer the entire range of Land Rover Genuine Parts direct from Land Rover UK, as well as publish North America's largest Land Rover publication, Rovers Magazine.
Join us