Quote Originally Posted by Terrys View Post
Nope, not mine, unfortunately, but I have laid eyeballs on it and I can say with some degree of knowledge, that it is not a RHD conversion. At one point, seems to me about 2 years ago, this same truck was sold on ebay, and at that time the seller posted all his documentation. I have my own '93 110 and don't have any horse in this race.

Yes, the 1993 is listed as an 'eligible' vehicle, but what the regs don't specifically say is that because it not on the list does not mean it can not be imported, by an RI, and made to comply.
I have had these conversations with Customs, in person, on many occassions, having had our own customs broker on staff, and having imported over $50M in 'arms' from the UK. While these imports didn't involve NHTSA, enough insight was shed by Customs ti know anything is possible if you're willing to pay for it. If nothing more, I learned that what IS published is not the ONLY story. You can debate your own interpretation as much as you would like, but the facts remain, albeit in hiding, for those willing to spend the time, and silly dollars to find them.
Very good insight. Sounds like you know the ropes, so I won't question your assertion.
I guess when something so rare and spectacular is listed on fleabay with very little descriptive effort, many red flags go off. Sort of like sombody listing a 250 GTO on eBay with three pictures and no provenance.
Who knows, maybe it's legit. Hope somebody here buys it and fills us in on the details if it is indeed legal.

....and I also agree with your comments regarding "interpretation" if laws weren't meant to be "interpreted" (ahem, bent), the good Lord would not have invented lawyers.

That's it if nobody chimes in with a story about the Feds seizing soemthing and crushing it, I'm shipping a container of Puma parts over with a separate crate labeled "generator engine" containing a TD5 and starting my dream Rover titled as a 1961 S2 88" and seeing if that flies!

j/k, I'm importing a legit 25yo nice 110 CSW and gonna play by the rules.