Thread: Winter Romp

Default Winter Romp

Anyone going?
    1951 I 80" - Summer driver
    1965 IIA 88" - Daily driver
    1964 IIA 109" - Future project...

Will be camping out back as usual!

Default Winter romp

Yup. The hounds of hell could not keep me away. George the Series 3 has been an ever present project every waking moment. Even the wife is coming this year. She says she will camp out in the hotel if the rover is not up to keeping her warm enough. I just finished a front crank seal and oil filter conversion and am doing the best I can to insulate the bulkhead and floor.
    Bottom line, I will walk there if I have to.
    Whence came you my brother ? From the East....

I am hoping to make it to my first Romp, I have to get recovery points on my truck and some of the other required bits. The larger challenge is I have to convince my wife to let me leave her and our 1 year old for the weekend.

Default We will be there

Our '68 ambulance and kuvasz will be there once again. Anyone who can make the weekend it is well worth it. Bruce deserves and yearly award for all the work he puts into the Romp
    1968 battlefield ambulance/camper
    1963 Unimog Radio box
    1995 LWB RR

thumb-up

when are people heading out
    i want to go from southeastern ct
    im just worried about the ride
    thats a long way
    my rover in tops (knock on wood)
    but you never know
    maybe a caravan?
    aaron
    73 series III 88 2.5 na diesel daily driver
    67 series 2a 88 RHD sold
    88 RRC sold
    60 mga coupe

would a 1980 Land Cruiser FJ44 be allowed to attend? My rovers are not done yet and a friend just got his rhd FJ44 or FJ47 cannot remember which it is and might be interested in going.

Quote Originally Posted by 73series88 View Post
    when are people heading out
    i want to go from southeastern ct
    im just worried about the ride
    thats a long way
    my rover in tops (knock on wood)
    but you never know
    maybe a caravan?
    aaron
    Not sure about my departure time, but I'm in Providence and would caravan with you and /or be an emergency pit stop with what tools I have if needed. I would definitely be more comfortable making the drive with other rovers owners, though I am guessing if you broke down on the way up, it wouldn't be long until someone went by.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoswede View Post
    would a 1980 Land Cruiser FJ44 be allowed to attend? My rovers are not done yet and a friend just got his rhd FJ44 or FJ47 cannot remember which it is and might be interested in going.
    You'd better run that by Bruce. I don't think he's too keen on people bringing non rover products, especially if he doesn't know you. I think he's had some less than desireable experiences with people of other vehicle cultures. But like I said, best to ask him. It's his event.

Quote Originally Posted by I Leak Oil View Post
    You'd better run that by Bruce. I don't think he's too keen on people bringing non rover products, especially if he doesn't know you. I think he's had some less than desireable experiences with people of other vehicle cultures. But like I said, best to ask him. It's his event.

it will probably be a non issue....doesn't look like we or it will be ready...I think my friend has decided to hide the truck in the garage for the winter.