X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skookumchuck
    2nd Gear
    • Oct 2010

1958 Series II pickup

I just bought a 1958 series truck, the box is a bit beat up on the rear quarter panels are there replacement panels available? If not I might just put a flatdeck on it.
    1968 Series IIA
    1987 D90 Kid's project
    German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)
  • mongoswede
    5th Gear
    • May 2010

Originally posted by Skookumchuck
    I just bought a 1958 series truck, the box is a bit beat up on the rear quarter panels are there replacement panels available? If not I might just put a flatdeck on it.

not sure if there are any panels available. You might have better lucky just replacing the whole tub structure..it will certainely be less work then having to drill out all the rivets and spot welds and then doing all the reattachement work.

Comment

• leafsprung
      Overdrive
      • Nov 2006

might be some quarters NOS coming available

Comment

• Skookumchuck
        2nd Gear
        • Oct 2010

rear tub

how much work is there in replacing the rear tub? I will take a couple of pictures of the rear damage and post them to see your more experinced opinions as to which route to take. Thanks in advance
        1968 Series IIA
        1987 D90 Kid's project
        German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)

Comment

• mongoswede
          5th Gear
          • May 2010

Originally posted by Skookumchuck
          how much work is there in replacing the rear tub? I will take a couple of pictures of the rear damage and post them to see your more experinced opinions as to which route to take. Thanks in advance

Its still a fair amount of effort to swap tubs but its all removing bolts and then replacing them and realigning body parts. I took my 73 body down to the frame using an assortment of wrenches, sockets, and drill bits. The chordless drill came into play when a bolt was siezed...it was faster and easier to just drill the heads off a lot of bolts.

Comment

Working...