PDA

View Full Version : volt regulator / fuel sender ???

siii8873
01-27-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm working on testing my gauges befor assembly. One question I have is on the voltage regulator. There are two connections marked "I" and "B", which connects to the source and which to the gauges? Also on a test bench does the case need a ground reference (ground case).
I also tested my fuel level sending unit and it measures from around 30 to 200 Ohms sound correct?

Thanks
Bob

NewfD90
01-27-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm working on testing my gauges befor assembly. One question I have is on the voltage regulator. There are two connections marked "I" and "B", which connects to the source and which to the gauges? Also on a test bench does the case need a ground reference (ground case).
I also tested my fuel level sending unit and it measures from around 30 to 200 Ohms sound correct?

I = Instruments, B = Battery.

Can't tell ya what the correct sender ohmage is as mine was open, so I just replaced it.

Partsman
01-27-2013, 05:51 PM

Thanks
Bob

Make sure you have the correct sending unit to gauge, if they are mismatched, then it wont work right check out THIS THREAD (http://www.series2club.co.uk/forum/forum/index.php/topic,24221.0.html)