PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement

warrenperkinson
08-28-2015, 11:31 PM
My clutch slave cylinder is on the way out and it looks like I will need to replace it.

This is in a RHD '71 series IIa SWB.

Are there any tricks to this? It looks to me that other than needing to become a contortionist with tiny double jointed hands, it's just a case of undoing the 2 half inch bolts that hold it in, ripping the old one out and bolting in a new one...

...or am I missing something critical here...?

Given that I'm not a contortionist with tiny double jointed hands, can anyone give my any suggestions as to how I get those two bolts undone?

Cheers, and thanks for your help,
Warren.

Jim-ME
08-29-2015, 04:02 AM
Take your floor out. It makes it much easier.
Jim

warrenperkinson
08-29-2015, 02:52 PM
Damn. I was afraid that was going to be the response...

Opabob
08-29-2015, 03:37 PM
I decided to replace the hose at the same time and that gave me more trouble than the slave cylinder. Mine had a banjo fitting which helped some, but not sure if that was added on by a previous owner or a standard part. I had to buy new crush washers for the banjo fitting.

TedW
08-31-2015, 01:04 PM
I decided to replace the hose at the same time and that gave me more trouble than the slave cylinder. Mine had a banjo fitting which helped some, but not sure if that was added on by a previous owner or a standard part. I had to buy new crush washers for the banjo fitting.

I had the banjo fitting on mine but removed it and installed the hose straight in - better fluid movement, in my view.

Ted