X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crankin
    5th Gear
    • Jul 2008

Replacement part or ideas

I am switching over to a liftgate and I am looking for the Upper hinge brackets. It appears that the RH one is no longer made (P#: RNB843/ LR#334068). Does anyone know of any laying around, recreated something that works, workarounds, etc..?

Also, how do these hinges attach to the roof itself? I can see that it looks like the two holes are pop riveted into the door frame opeing. But what about the top part?

Thanks.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB
  • Jim-ME
    Overdrive
    • Oct 2006

I have a set of the brackets for sale. Send me a PM if interested.
    Jim

Comment

• cgalpin
      Low Range
      • May 2010

The top is pop riveted too. If you need a picture I can take one of mine. I also have a set of these brackets if needed.

Comment

• crankin
        5th Gear
        • Jul 2008

Do you mine taking a pic? That would be great!

Birmabright Brotherhood

Comment

• cgalpin
          Low Range
          • May 2010

Certainly. I took a picture of each side (sorry the second is a bit blurry) and one shot from the outside showing the top rivets.

Comment

• crankin
            5th Gear
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by cgalpin
            Certainly. I took a picture of each side (sorry the second is a bit blurry) and one shot from the outside showing the top rivets.
            I am just excited to use the rivet gun again! Was this from factory or did you add this on later?

The only reason why I ask is that I noticed the rest of the rivets are painted. I think that its wild the order that land rover assembled these things.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Comment

• cgalpin
              Low Range
              • May 2010

I wondered the same thing. My truck is new to me so I honestly have no idea. I keep forgetting to do it, but I plan to get a heritage certificate which might answer questions like this (if it came with a liftgate or not).

It might just be that they made the base roofs and painted them, then added things like these brackets if the vehicle had a liftgate instead of a SW rear door for example but I am not sure.

Anyway, I hope the pictures helped.

The World's largest collection of Historic British cars. A motor museum with over 400 classic cars, free tours and interactive family activities.

Comment

Working...