X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • defendercr
    Low Range
    • Dec 2007

Rustproofing 110

I just purchased a new 2006 110 and I am taking delivery next week. It is located in Costa Rica so I am a little limited in my options, but can anyone give me some advice on rust prevention for this truck? (yes, I did say 2006. The dealer is a little behind and they are just now receiving their 2007's)
  • Maxredd90
    Low Range
    • Dec 2007

I've trusted a product called corrosion X on airplanes I fly for years. It works great. i'm not sure where you are looking to apply the product, but you can't beat this stuff for bare metal and under-carriage type places, however I have a 95 D-90 that has never been rust-proofed and shows virtually no signs of rust, I guess it's better to take the offensive though!

Check out the link:
    Corrosion Technologies' collection of aviation products and U.S. military and NATO qualified products. MIL-PRF-81309.
    Mac Mattingly
    St. Simons Island, Ga

Comment

• hamiam
      Low Range
      • Jan 2008

Waxoyl

I had a product called Waxoyl applied to the undercarriage of my D-90 and very happy with the results. I would highly recommend you check it out.

Comment

• defendercr
        Low Range
        • Dec 2007

Thanks, do you know asource for Waxoyl in the US?

Comment

• Terrys
          Overdrive
          • May 2007

Waxoyl is available through lots of places, but our hosts should be your first choice. The aircraft product ACF-50 is the very same stuff, available from aircraft maintainace suppliers, and in bulk is more cost effective (though still expensive). It is the product the Coast Guard uses on the C-130s based in Kodiak AK, where it's 'known' to be wet.

Comment

• TSR53
            5th Gear
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by defendercr
            Thanks, do you know asource for Waxoyl in the US?
            Yes, RoversNorth is the Waxoyl distributor for the US.

and here is the listing, Professional use only.

Don't miss the free UPS ground shipping this weekend.
            Last edited by TSR53; 01-11-2008, 10:58 PM.
            Cheers, Thompson
            Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
            Rovers North, Inc.

Comment

• hamiam
              Low Range
              • Jan 2008

Waxoyl

Support our hosts and buy the product from them but I would strongly recommend having a professional apply it for you. Where are you located? We can find you someone.

Comment

• defendercr
                Low Range
                • Dec 2007

The truck is currently in Costa Rica, but I will have it in Texas in the fall.

Comment

Working...