X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonnyrover
    Low Range
    • May 2007

Idle High, Idle Low

My 96 disco started a new game with me last friday... it decided to start idling down from around 700-900 rpm (normal) to nothing and then die multiple times. It always restarted but i had to throw it into neutral and keep giving it gas (whenever i came to a stop) until i got to where i was going. Then i let it sit while my little boy and i were at the doctor 45mins. +/-. When i got back in there was not a problem to be seen. That is until this morning (wednesday) when the engine began idling at around 1300-1400 rpms. Then it started to idle low again 10 mins later. By the time i got to work it was fine again.

My guess is bad gas or clogged fuel filter... Any insight? I will probably be buying some injector cleaner this afternoon to begin the troubleshooting process. Thanks.
  • jonnyrover
    Low Range
    • May 2007

never heard back from any one on the issue. but i added EFI cleaner and have since replaced the fuel filter. no funky stalling so far... hopefully, i found the problem and fixed it!

Comment

• SGFMORover
      Low Range
      • Mar 2007

fuel issues are likely; if it hapens again see if it'll maintain idle in park or neutral vs drive. voltage problems would be the next route after that.

Comment

Working...