Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rovah
    Low Range
    • Jun 2007

Ron, great to see that thing done. Looks sweet. Considering a diesel swap into my IIA at present.

Cheers! John

Comment

• Saxondog
      Low Range
      • Jan 2008

109 Diesel Too?

Originally posted by oldhaven
      I've been driving this for about a year after a 10 year project. Noisy but surprisingly civilized. Full width F250 8 lug front, 14 bolt rear, Ford F350 ZF 5 spd with np 205, Defender/RR coil suspension, 68 mph highway cruise at 1800 rpm. Not sure if it belongs here but it looks like a LR, and I have two more real ones so I qualify. Ron Franklin, Bowdoin, Me.
      Just got a 109 wagon, have been mulling over what to do to my new project. I have 2 generation 1 6BT dodges, a 1990 D350 dually 5 speed and a 1980 crew cab 4X4 currently undergoing off frame resto and conversion to the Cummins. I had been thinking about the 4BT for my next project the 109 Landrover. I see it's been some time since this thread was moving. Have you learned your MPG, I get 21 with the D350 dodge of mine. I figured the 4BT would do some better. Any other thoughs on your conversion. I want to do wider axles also, but though fullsize PU stuff would be too wide but yours looks good.
      78 RHD 109 12 Passenger Wagon

Comment

• mongoswede
        5th Gear
        • May 2010

working on a project to put a pair of Dana 44 axles from an International Scout II (1980) under a 71 series III. planning on running a T18 or T19 4 speed with a Dana 300 transfer case...engine to be determined...might stick with stock for now. The R&P in the axles now are 2.72:1 which not going to work with a stock engine. I can get a plethora of R&P's for the Dana's though so no worries. The axles are a couple inches wider then the stock rover axles and the rear is a center drop instead of a passenger drop. To make the rear fit I just have to relocate the spring perches. To make the front fit without shortening the axle we have to widen the front spring mounts slightly....about 1.5" per side outboards. This is not so bad.

Ideally I'd like to get a set of axles built to fit from either Moser or Currie but they are not in the budget at the moment.

The nice thing about the 76 and later scout axles is that they are disc brake up front and there are tons of parts for them...plus they are very durable compared to stock.

Comment

• J!m
          2nd Gear
          • Nov 2006

Sounds like a nice project!

Just add the Defender fender flares and it will look pretty 'socially aceptable' as well!
          Owner: James Leach Global Expedition Services.

1995 110 Regular

Comment

• Maryland 110
            1st Gear
            • Jan 2008

full coiler,galv chassis,4bt, hcpu. this thing is fawking cool !
            nicely done.
            DividingCreekImports.com
            Tdi 130 Crew Cab x2
            110 V8 5 door

Comment

• oldhaven
              Low Range
              • Nov 2006

Maine Rovers, Thanksgiving

Russell Mountain, Breakneck Ridge, Blanchard, Maine
              Last edited by oldhaven; 06-24-2011, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• msggunny
                5th Gear
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by oldhaven
                Russell Mountain, Breakneck Ridge, Blanchard, Maine
                Nice shot.

Great truck by the way.
                First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
                77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
                Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
                04 DII