Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeterK
    Low Range
    • Nov 2006

Thanks, also having a video post background, quick and dirty is it.

Cheers
    Peter
    http://blog.travelswithgeordie.com/

Comment

• LR Max
      3rd Gear
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Jim-ME
      I understand the benefits a larger diameter exhaust system and a less restrictive muffler. What is out there that will work with an 88? I kept my stock Series exhaust when I had my diesel installed and it works. It is starting to rot out and I'd like to install a larger diameter system next time. Recommendations would be appreciated.
      Jim
      Local muffler shop can sort you out. However make sure you buy the cheapo muffler. NOT A FLOWMASTER. Cheapo muffler will be quiet. Flowmaster will sound like your rover sound like a ricer.

Yes, this is from personal experience.

Comment

• SafeAirOne
        Overdrive
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Jim-ME
        I understand the benefits a larger diameter exhaust system and a less restrictive muffler. What is out there that will work with an 88? I kept my stock Series exhaust when I had my diesel installed and it works. It is starting to rot out and I'd like to install a larger diameter system next time. Recommendations would be appreciated.
        Jim
        Jim,

The 2.5's originally had 2" exhaust systems fitted to them, AFAIK. By coincidence, so did my ex-2.6, so I just had a local shop make up a 2" downpipe with a flange to mate to the exhaust manifold, then I grafted it onto the existing 2.6 system.
        --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
        (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

• Jim-ME
          Overdrive
          • Oct 2006

I may be wrong but it seems to me that with a 109 you have more options on how to mount a system especially the muffler. I suppose that if I had the tail pipe go out the passengers side of the truck I'd have more options.
          Jim

Comment

Working...