Tons of recent work, they claim well over $10K with receipts including:

New suspension
    New tires
    New Brakes
    Newer Motor
    Bull bar
    Starter solenoid
    And some other stuff.

I am trying to figure out how much this thing is worth. Obviously there are not a lot of Series II 109s out there to compare with.
  • mjbrox
    Low Range
    • Mar 2012

Also, this thing was imported about a year ago.

I assume getting it regisered is an easy process........?

Comment

• jonnyc
      1st Gear
      • Dec 2011

If imported 2 years ago, hasn't it already been registered? If so, the reg should be transferable. I guess it would depend on how it was imported and the registration laws of the state(s) concerned.

Comment

• yorker
        Overdrive
        • Nov 2006

It is really hard to tell without pics and more details. The 2.25 diesel is kind of a negative, especially in a 109. A 5 door is usually worth a premium over a 3 door or PU though. New Brakes- which brakes? If they were a disc brake conversion they'd add more to the value than freshly changed standard drums. Bull Bar- meh I'd subtract $ for that in most cases.

Check the frame and bulkhead and make sure you testdrive it somewhere that has hills and highways.
        1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Comment

• Lalo88DK
          1st Gear
          • Nov 2009

I dont' know if the price is right, but the fact that the truck is a diesel, should not discourage you from buying it. I'd prefer a diesel any day. A diesel has much better fuel economy, and with the higher fuel prices it can only be a plus. It doesn't suffer from fuel starvation when hot, no problems with water when wading, no constant adjusting, full momentum just where you most need it. I have tried owning a petrol as well, and yes the diesel is noisy and a little bit slower, I love diesels and the one I have now is my third Land-Rover Diesel.

We pay around 9$ for one US gallon of gas/petrol in Europe
          Last edited by Lalo88DK; 03-30-2012, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• mjbrox
            Low Range
            • Mar 2012

The body and interior are both in pretty good shape.

I guess, I am just trying to get some where close.

are we talking $5k, $10k, $15k $20k, $25K

Comment

• mjbrox
              Low Range
              • Mar 2012

Comment

• bmohan55
                4th Gear
                • Sep 2008

Is this in Richmond Va area? I know someone with a 109 diesel (not the one pictured) and it's VERY slow.
                04 Disco, Gone-Disco died & so did mine
                '72 S3 88 - Leakey & Squeaky

Comment

• mjbrox
                  Low Range
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by bmohan55
                  Is this in Richmond Va area? I know someone with a 109 diesel (not the one pictured) and it's VERY slow.
                  No, I am not the one actually looking to buy it.

A buddy of mine is out of state.

this 109 for sale, is it a 5-door?

Comment

• yorker
                    Overdrive
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Lalo88DK
                    I dont' know if the price is right, but the fact that the truck is a diesel, should not discourage you from buying it. I'd prefer a diesel any day. A diesel has much better fuel economy, and with the higher fuel prices it can only be a plus.
                    We pay around 9$ for one US gallon of gas/petrol in Europe

We pay less than 1/2 of that here. I like diesels but the 2.25d can really make a useful every day vehicle into a hobby truck here, especially for people who haven't been brought up with Land Rovers. A LR person might put up with it for the sake of owning a neat diesel Land Rover but for your average person today it would ruin the experience. Even when they were new the 2.25ds were unpopular here, fuel is just too cheap and distances are too long. A Stage 1 would be a lot better choice here.

Land Rover UK Forums

Comment

• Lalo88DK
                      1st Gear
                      • Nov 2009

I drive around 15.000 miles a year in my 2,25 Diesel and it's my daily driver. You don't really feel the power difference between the petrol and the diesel.

Comment

• yorker
                        Overdrive
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Lalo88DK
                        I drive around 15.000 miles a year in my 2,25 Diesel and I still disagree. You don't really feel the power difference between the two.
                        Between the 2.25p and 2.25d? Then something is seriously wrong with your petrol motor. The 2.25 diesel is a dog in comparison, especially so in a laden 109.

Land Rover UK Forums

Comment

• Lalo88DK
                          1st Gear
                          • Nov 2009

I dont' agree. Have you owned a 2,25 diesel. 62 bhp and 70 bhp not much of a difference. I have driven other petrols as well and still not much difference, I have no problem in keeping up with the petrols. But we will never agree on this. You prefer gas/petrol I prefer Diesel.

Comment

• yorker
                            Overdrive
                            • Nov 2006

Yes have had/driven both and I prefer diesels, but NOT the 2.25 diesel. Your average American is not going to hop in a 2.25d powered 109 and drive 600 miles to their vacation on I-95 and be happy with the experience. I'm sorry but the 2.25d is an archaic and underpowered lump and the 2.25p is tolerable but just. People here complain about 4.0l Discoveries and RRCs being underpowered. An enthusiast will put up with it because it is a Land Rover diesel and he likes Land Rovers but to the average Joe off the street who is used to modern vehicles the engine will seem like a joke. The 2.25d has never been popular in America and there are some very good reasons for that.

Land Rover UK Forums

Comment

• Lalo88DK
                              1st Gear
                              • Nov 2009

I've gone on holiday and driven quite a bit more than 600 miles in a 2,25 diesel, and loved every minute of it. But If it's power you want, then a classic Land-Rover is not for you.

I will not participate more in this thread/forum, this type of discussion is not for me

Comment

Working...