X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhager
    Low Range
    • Jul 2007

Electrical question - starter solenoid

My 1967 IIA suddenly would not start. Wouldn't turn over, make a sound, nothing. Battery was fine. I pulled the starter solenoid so I could have easier access to test it. I pulled all the wires off without making a diagram or taking a picture, I must have been sure I could remember where everything went. Well, there's this ring connector with 2 brown wires (the same ones that go back to individual blade connectors on the solenoid) and I can't remember where it goes.
    Thanks for your help.

Don

Last edited by dhager; 04-06-2012, 09:03 AM.
  • SafeAirOne
    Overdrive
    • Apr 2008

The solid (no stripe) brown wires are the main feeds to the entire rover electrical system and mount to the same stud as the battery positive wire.

Look at item #2 on the bottom diagram here. The brown (labeled "N") wires come off the same solenoid post (item #2) as the battery positive and go to the voltage regulator (#29) and the horn(#4).
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

• giftshopduane
      1st Gear
      • Feb 2009

Will this help?

Comment

• SafeAirOne
        Overdrive
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by giftshopduane
        Will this help?
        It couldn't hurt, though the schematic is for one of those modern, new-fangled series III's. For all practical purposes though, it is essentially the same in the way that it wires up to a starter solenoid (item #2).
        --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
        (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

• giftshopduane
          1st Gear
          • Feb 2009

"New Fangled" LOL!!

Comment

• dhager
            Low Range
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by SafeAirOne
            The solid (no stripe) brown wires are the main feeds to the entire rover electrical system and mount to the same stud as the battery positive wire.

Okay, so battery positive and ring connector with brown wires on one stud, blade connectors and starter lead on the other.

Look at item #2 on the bottom diagram here. The brown (labeled "N") wires come off the same solenoid post (item #2) as the battery positive and go to the voltage regulator (#29) and the horn(#4).

Yeah, I stared at this schematic before posting here. My brain just couldn't translate it to what I was seeing
            Thanks for the help!

Don

Comment

Working...