Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toga Rover
    Low Range
    • Jan 2008

Minimal loss of ground clearance, maximal usefulness for my wife, 4yr old, and 2yr old getting in and out of the back.

Originally posted by o2batsea
    I don't get it. You were so worried about clearance and plowing a rut with the hitch yet there's a (useless) rear step bolted on!

Comment

• TravelinLight
      Low Range
      • Jan 2015

Looks good, I will need to go out and check how mine is done as it looks similar. Truck is new to me so I have not had a need to tow anything as of yet.
      Sean
      1971 Series IIA Dormobile

Comment

• clearcut
        2nd Gear
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by toga Rover
        So I took Mark's suggestion and made the smaller version of his design for my 109. And because she is a station wagon, I had to drop the tank to gain access to the rear of the crossmember. With all the parts cut and ready to weld, we dropped the tank, assembled and welded the receiver in to place, and reattached the tank all in one Saturday in the shop. Attached are some pics of the finished product (along with a 7-pin trailer plug with the controller tucked inside the tuffy box up front). And a few pics after blasting snowbanks in -7 degree weather in Upstate NY this afternoon. Thanks again Mark for your design idea. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10594[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10595[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10596[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10597[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10598[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10599[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10600[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10601[/ATTACH]
        Very nice Station Wagon. What type of wire did you use for the floor on your roof rack.. How did you attach it

I saw it (wire) in the last picture.

Thanks

Josh
        1967 Land Rover 109
        1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Comment

• toga Rover
          Low Range
          • Jan 2008

Thanks Josh,

It is fencing used in prisons/corrections facilities called "no climb". Comes in 4x8 sheets. I sourced it locally. It is in 2 sections (slant front, and flat back) and all zip-tied down. I wanted to find something whose bars are close together so that I could #1) put anything up there with out it falling through and scratching the paint on the roof, #2) wanted to be able to stand up there with minimal flex,

I could have tack welded it down, but decided against it because the whole thing would have been really heavy if ever i wanted to take the rack off. I can now stand up there and the weight is spread out nicely. Here are some more pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	169179Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-6.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	169181Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-5.jpg
Size:	147.1 KB