X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zayante
    Low Range
    • Oct 2006

Frame Motor Mounts Wanted

Does anyone have a rusty old frame with good motor mounting points they'd be willing to sell? Mine were cut off as part of a Scotty/GM 4 conversion, and I'd like to go back to the original mount points. The retrofit works, but it's a bit dodgy. I wouldn't need the whole frame...
    Chris
    1965 IIA 109 SW
    Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem
  • jp-
    5th Gear
    • Oct 2006

I had this same problem on my 109. I couldn't find a set either. What I did was to put the transmission in (bolted in place with the rubber mounts). Then I bolted the engine to the transmission. Next I bolted the rubber mounts onto the engine mounts and lowered the engine to the possition where the mounts seemed most likey. Pictures help here (get some pictures of the mounts). The left mount (driver's side) is fairly easy as it only takes three pieces of sheet metal welded together. The passenger mount is a little more difficult, because of the step in it.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Comment

• jp-
      5th Gear
      • Oct 2006

One other thing,

Make sure that the transmission rubber mounts are not twisted in any way when you get ready to do the final weld on of the mounts.

Oh yeah, and the best thing to do is make the mounts up, bolt them to the rubber pads on the engine and then weld them in place.
      61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
      66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
      66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
      67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
      88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Comment

• singingcamel
        4th Gear
        • Oct 2006

darn, i just trashed a frame with good brackets.
        Originally posted by jp-
        One other thing,

Make sure that the transmission rubber mounts are not twisted in any way when you get ready to do the final weld on of the mounts.

Oh yeah, and the best thing to do is make the mounts up, bolt them to the rubber pads on the engine and then weld them in place.

Comment

• zayante
          Low Range
          • Oct 2006

Thanks, jp- I think I have a line on a right hand mount point. It would be great to be able to make a pattern from an actual chassis for the left side if I need to fabricate it.
          Chris
          1965 IIA 109 SW
          Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem

Comment

• Willard
            Low Range
            • Jan 2007

Let me know if yo still need this. My old Frame (or my new one) has a set and on my New frame i have to grind them off anyways to mount the MB engine. So i will have at least 1 set

Comment

Working...