X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cedryck
    5th Gear
    • Sep 2010

Music in a series truck.

What are the possibilities that someone has a music system that you can actually hear when driving?
  • clearcut
    2nd Gear
    • Jul 2014

Iphone and ear buds
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Comment

• cedryck
      5th Gear
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by clearcut
      Iphone and ear buds
      LOL good one!

Comment

• cnfowler
        1st Gear
        • Mar 2015

Iphone and ear buds
        Which are illegal to use while driving in most states.

Colin

Comment

• neil.peru
          Low Range
          • Sep 2015

Click image for larger version

Name:	Doc1-page-001sss.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	169569
          Hello;
          I installed a basic sound system on my truck as shown on the attached image and it sounds good while driving & excellent when the truck is at idle or off. Got it at the local electronics store. I don't know much about sound equipment, I just pick them for their size and make.

The speakers on front are 6.5"-INFINITY REFERENCE-60Wnom~180Wpeak; the ones on back are PIONEER-3way-40Wnom~230Wpeak.

The Maestro that installed them made speaker boxes from 3/8" plywood (4" deep) with holes on them so speakers will fit perfectly.

The front speakers are under the dash board, the one on center is behind the main shift.
          The back speakers are on a dead space behind the passenger seats, against the walls. The space is just big enough to fit the speaker.

The radio I use is a regular SONY-CDX-GT300. It does not have USB port (not available at that time); but the AUX helps plays music from another device.

Hope it helps;
          Neil
          sigpic
          Neil M. Salazar, PE

Comment

• lumpydog
            3rd Gear
            • May 2014

I like using any of the battery powered rechargeable blu-tooth speakers that are available. Some even fit right in your dash...
            1968 Series IIa
            1997 Defender SW (Original Owner - Sold)

Comment

• wolf0369
              Low Range
              • Dec 2014

I have a Kenwood head unit that fit perfectly in the Tuffy box and 6x9 boxes in the rear. They sound great and didn't break the bank!

Comment

• cedryck
                5th Gear
                • Sep 2010

Iphone and ear buds
                Yes ear buds are not allowed in CT and local police will make a point of telling you so. What I am curious are the speaker arrangements and number of speakers to drown out the lovely sound of a series truck, thanks for the responses.

Comment

• o2batsea
                  Overdrive
                  • Oct 2006

Ha ha ha the noise of a 2A rolling down the road IS the music!!!!

Comment

• CRiordan01
                    Low Range
                    • Aug 2009

I've had good luck in my Series 3 with a Bose Soundlink wireless unit. It produces good sound in the truck and can be set in the dash while driving; take it with you when you are done. Also has good battery-life, Bose claims 8-9 hours on a charge.
                    ~ Corey

1974 Series III RHD SWB
                    2003 Freelander

Comment

• cedryck
                      5th Gear
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by CRiordan01
                      I've had good luck in my Series 3 with a Bose Soundlink wireless unit. It produces good sound in the truck and can be set in the dash while driving; take it with you when you are done. Also has good battery-life, Bose claims 8-9 hours on a charge.
                      Thanks, I will look into that.

Comment

• 80sailor
                        Low Range
                        • Feb 2014

I use a Big Jambox. Plenty loud and good sound quality.

You can also take it with you when you arrive at your destination!

Comment

• TeriAnn
                          Overdrive
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cnfowler
                          Which are illegal to use while driving in most states.
                          I've never really understood that. Deaf people can drive. People in fire trucks and most government trucks wear earphones. Many people drive in cars with 1.21 gigawatt stereo systems that you can hear from a block away with their windows closed.

Anyway, I built an 'L' shaped shelf that sits on the front and side lip of where the roof is bolted to the sides and windscreen top.It holds the radio and a speaker at each end plus a CB radio and clock.

I no longer have the original image but you can see the shelf in this collage:

Name:	GreenRovercalloge.jpg
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	169571

La Salle Trim make a range of headliners for ceiling mounted radios and speakers.
                          -

Teriann Wakeman_________
                          Flagstaff, AZ.

1960 Land Rover Dormobile, owned since 1978

My Land Rover web site

Comment

• cedryck
                            5th Gear
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by TeriAnn
                            I've never really understood that. Deaf people can drive. People in fire trucks and most government trucks wear earphones. Many people drive in cars with 1.21 gigawatt stereo systems that you can hear from a block away with their windows closed.

Anyway, I built an 'L' shaped shelf that sits on the front and side lip of where the roof is bolted to the sides and windscreen top.It holds the radio and a speaker at each end plus a CB radio and clock.

I no longer have the original image but you can see the shelf in this collage:
                            Thanks Terri, I like the idea of things like radio components above head. Interesting set up. Thank all,, ver
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]11916[/ATTACH]

La Salle Trim make a range of headliners for ceiling mounted radios and speakers.
                            Thanks I like the idea of things above your head and out of the way, like it very much.

Comment

• lemonhead
                              Low Range
                              • Mar 2016

Totally doable.

We put a slim powered sub under the front seat (Soundstream USB-8A 8-Inch Powered Subwoofer Slim Enclosure)

Bought two of these Versa-pods (https://www.amazon.com/Select-Increm...rds=versa+pods)

Couple 4" speakers

And A Kicker 40PXIBT502 2 Channel Portable Bluetooth Amplifier (amplifier hidden behind dash panel and controller within arms reach.

Sounds great and you can hear it with the top off (when you come to a stop the bass is a bit more prominent).

I'm super happy with it and it's basically invisible.

Name:	IMG_3338.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	169580Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3339.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	169581

Comment

Working...