X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moose
    2nd Gear
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by friar mike
    And don't make a novice mistake pull the coil wire. Now how are you going to properly torque on that bolt?
    Shouldn't be too difficult. I find it harder to undo a tight bolt then to torque it up to spec. Worst case, once I get it running again, I'll back it up against a wall so it can't move then heave on it.

Brett
    Series 3 88 Diesel Soft Top
    Ex-Mod 110 Tdi

Comment

• friar mike
      1st Gear
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Moose
      Shouldn't be too difficult. I find it harder to undo a tight bolt then to torque it up to spec. Worst case, once I get it running again, I'll back it up against a wall so it can't move then heave on it.

Brett
      I have had someone on the brake and in gear that works. one other way but you have to watch what you are doing get number one cyl coming up on a firing stroke put some small rope down the spark plug hole enuff to lock up the piston run it up till locked torque the bolt back off and pull the rope out. now it has to be on a firing stroke or you can bend a valve this method is not recommended for someone new at the game but works real well. it is one of the method in some engine manuals when in the field or with the engine out of the truck. it gives you a soild stop to torque against where using the gear/brake method you have give as you try the torque the bolt and can give a false reading but not by much.
      Onward threw the fog

Comment

Working...