Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daurie
    2nd Gear
    • Nov 2007

Two for truxus mt's .. hm... I took a look at them and they definately look like serious tires.
    '73 SIII 88"
    Turner 8:1 Engine
    NRP Exhaust
    Roverdrive
    RM Parabolics
    OME Shocks
    Warn 8274
    Pangolin4X4 bumper

Comment

• adkrover
      2nd Gear
      • Jan 2008

Firestone Destination M/T

Anyone have experience with Firestone Destination M/T's?

Comment

• redmondrover
        1st Gear
        • Nov 2007

In case you are interested, I have a set of 5 Deestone D503 "Land Rover/Military Truck" tires that I will be posting for sale soon. They are 7.50 x 16 and were used on a 109. Here is a link to the manufacturer's site:

They are in good shape and have a lot of tread left. I can send pictures if you are interested.

Comment

• Daurie
          2nd Gear
          • Nov 2007

I'm interested. PM sent.
          '73 SIII 88"
          NRP Exhaust
          Roverdrive
          RM Parabolics
          OME Shocks
          Warn 8274
          Pangolin4X4 bumper

Comment

• Eric W S
            5th Gear
            • Dec 2006

Get a set of Michelin XPS Tractions - they have a 750x16 size.

Open Country MT work on a series. Buddy's friend has them on his. I think he swapped to a wider rim though.

750 seem rare because they are usually listed in the commercial or truck section by most manufacturers.

Don't forget that if you get a stout enough tire you can augment traction in mud with snow chains. Bill Burke makes this point in one of his videos. And it works well.

BFG MT suck in snow.

Comment

• Daurie
              2nd Gear
              • Nov 2007

I'm running XPS Tractions on my F350 235/85/16s . They have lasted a long time and I imagine they would last darn near forever on a series truck. The only thing thats detering me from them on my series is I don't know how the all steel casing will like being aired down and I want something with a little more sidewall grip. The Open country M/T is a pretty agressive tire. Right now I'm awaiting word on some Michelin 4X4 O/R 7.50 x 16 lt from the UK. Might have a guy that can get me a set but it might cost a fortune.
              '73 SIII 88"
              NRP Exhaust
              Roverdrive
              RM Parabolics
              OME Shocks
              Warn 8274
              Pangolin4X4 bumper

Comment

• Eric W S
                5th Gear
                • Dec 2006

XPS tractions air down well. Ho has a set on his G4. Check out expeditionexchange.com for photos.

The 4x4 should be available in the states. British Northwest threw a set on a truck they were doing. So if Charles can get them I bet with some research anyone could. Try a Michelin truck tire retailer. I got a quote for them awhile back. Not too expensive, but hard to get.

I was considering the avon tractions as well. Those cost a fortune as well. See the 109 and tires thread. They look great on the series and can be seen in many old photos. Look to have good sidewall traction as well.

EwS

Comment

• CliftonRover
                  3rd Gear
                  • Mar 2007

I recommend the BFg all terrain if you do a lot of highway driving, but otherwise I would go with the interco truxis Mt's. I have three sets of AT's on series trucks right now, 265/75, 235/85, and 31x10.5. The truxis are awesome off road and especially aired down. I have them on a RRC lifted five inches in a 255/85 size.

Comment

Working...