X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bfein1075
    Low Range
    • Jul 2017

Originally posted by TimberPig
    Negative earth for '67 on,including the NADA 109's.
    I assume this was for the full run of nadas (66-67)? I recently saw one with a plaque riveted to the radiator panel that said negative earth but mine doesn't have it, nor does another friend with a nada.

I will take your word for it.

Thanks

Comment

• TimberPig
      Low Range
      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by bfein1075
      I assume this was for the full run of nadas (66-67)? I recently saw one with a plaque riveted to the radiator panel that said negative earth but mine doesn't have it, nor does another friend with a nada.

I will take your word for it.

Thanks
      The NADA 109 was officially a '67 model, although some were built in '66 (or '68 like mine)and registered as such. From what I know, all were built as negative ground, after the design change from positive ground. Any truck with a black dash from the factory (including the black vinyl wrapped NADA dash) is supposed to be negative earth. Body colour dash was standard for positive ground trucks. The plaque may or may not have made it on at the factory or a rad panel swap could have occurred as well, along with any number of changes made since leaving the factory 50 years ago.
      Last edited by TimberPig; 02-13-2018, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• bfein1075
        Low Range
        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by TimberPig
        The NADA 109 was officially a '67 model, although some were built in '66 (or '68 like mine)and registered as such. From what I know, all were built as negative ground, after the design change from positive ground. Any truck with a black dash from the factory (including the black vinyl wrapped NADA dash) is supposed to be negative earth. Body colour dash was standard for positive ground trucks. The plaque may or may not have made it on at the factory or a rad panel swap could have occurred as well, along with any number of changes made since leaving the factory 50 years ago.
        Thanks. I need a fuel pump and was contemplating the SU version that has a circuit board inside. It looks the same from the outside but is supposedly much more reliable. The only thing is it is not dual polarity so you need to order it neg or positive.

Comment

• bfein1075
          Low Range
          • Jul 2017

Delete
          Last edited by bfein1075; 02-19-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• janajasa
            Low Range
            • Jun 2016

more detail on #179

fully restored Martin Walter Dormobile - all original retained - original pale green - merimekko curtains - shower, sink, stove, closet, solar panel, sleeps 4 (2 are comfortable).

Comment

• bfein1075
              Low Range
              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by janajasa
              more detail on #179

fully restored Martin Walter Dormobile - all original retained - original pale green - merimekko curtains - shower, sink, stove, closet, solar panel, sleeps 4 (2 are comfortable).
              Pics?

Comment

• asalnick
                Low Range
                • Nov 2007

I just picked up 34300572. I am located in Seattle, WA. The truck has been off the road since 2002, so I am bringing it back to life. It strangely has a 1968 AMC 232 in it mated to the stock rover trans via a home-made plate. If I can't tickle this motor back to life, I have an old Scotty's adapter laying around that I may employ behind a Chevy 250.

Comment

• bfein1075
                  Low Range
                  • Jul 2017

I need a battery. Any suggestions?

Comment

• qmueller
                    Low Range
                    • Apr 2018

When people made old parts work instead of buying new Chinese crap. Awesome!

Comment

• patrickfoley1
                      1st Gear
                      • Feb 2010

If you did not get an answer let me know and I'll root through my many manuals and try to find the original Specs. (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

Comment

• RPGreg2600
                        Low Range
                        • Nov 2017

Why is the registry no longer being updated?

Comment

• TWW777
                          Low Range
                          • Jul 2018

#34300107 in Chesterland, OH. Mostly original condition, still has the 6 cylinder.

Comment

• patrickfoley1
                            1st Gear
                            • Feb 2010

I suspect that all of the interested parties have joined,and the only time they enter the Forum is when they have a question or want to provide an answer to question.
                            patrickfoley1 (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

Comment

• alaskabush
                              Low Range
                              • Aug 2018

I have #718, 109 SW with safari roof. Purchased about 1987 in Virginia, driven to Alaska right away and Chevy 250 installed, regular driver for many years. Last 15 used primarily as farm vehicle until driven into raging creek and drowned. Now working on engine.
                              Looking for front brake drums. Any suggestions? Reline drums? Larger brake shoes? Rather not drop to narrower standard drums.
                              Aware of 2 or three other NADAs in Alaska, one for sale now on Craigslist. Alaskans not much into clubs and registries.

Comment

• clearcut
                                2nd Gear
                                • Jul 2014

Hi, This is JOsh T

Have you turn down the drums. T have done this to my Nada 109 drums. They work great.

You can get all new parts from the host

The shoes are the issue. I relined my shoes. All purchase shoes are junk, unless you can NOS/.

I did rivet the shoes too.

I have 2 working NADA 203 and 211...

josh
                                1967 Land Rover 109
                                1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Comment

Working...