X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michel
    Low Range
    • Nov 2017

Hi,

I have checked #720´s head part number: 542350...

Originally posted by RoverRod
    Thank you Jim, the mystery deepens...

So, several of us have heads stamped 542350 (the NADA parts book states 542349 - one digit off), someone on the GNR forum said 512850 is the number on his multiple heads which he states have not come off the block, and now your cylinder head with two number's stamped on it; neither of which match any of the others. Very strange... Separately, can someone point me to where on the engine the 343xxxxx number should be? Thanks, Rod

Comment

• michel
      Low Range
      • Nov 2017

It appears it was only running on the first two cylinders... It also had mismatched sparkplugs. Managed to clean the plugs and do a compression test. Results were (front to back): 150, 152, 160, 160, 180 ( that cylinder was full of fuel), 160. I think it sounds good.

One front brake wheel cylinder was seized. I think I will replace all four.

The gearbox wasn't in a good shape. Some remains of a thrust washer fell into the drain pan and the mainshaft had the last 1.5 inch missing... Making the list of the required parts as I continue to discover the various PO modifications that were made...

Originally posted by michel
      I do not know yet as I have to see what kind of condition is the engine. It's running, plated and insured. I need to do a compression check and determine if the head is still good. The 109 has 102,000 miles, and has done only 3000 miles in the past 20 years. Chassis was repaired in many places. At least the repairs have been well made.
      Last edited by michel; 12-31-2019, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• padcbellas
        Low Range
        • Aug 2009

#453 - Pete Bellas, Santa Clarita, CA - My father purchased it new in 1967, It has been sitting on my ranch for the last 20 years in need of restoration and I hope to get to it this year (2020).

Comment

• patrickfoley1
          1st Gear
          • Feb 2010

If I can be of any help, just ask.

Jim Chandler (redbrush2@yahoo.com)

Comment

• bfein1075
            Low Range
            • Jul 2017

Posted to Guns and Rovers too but might get a better answer here.

I have a NADA 2.6 and my throttle linkage is sticking. I've taken it all apart and done the following:
            Cleaned all parts
            Replaced the main spring (behind pedal on bulkhead side)
            Replaced the bushing on the back of the engine
            Lubed and reinstalled everything

When I step on the gas and remove my foot, the pedal returns but the throttle stays on. If I blip the throttle it comes back.

I can't figure it out. I have another friend who is restoring a NADA and his throttle is doing the exact same thing.

Any advice?

Thanks

Comment

• michel
              Low Range
              • Nov 2017

#726 for sale in BC. Has a Chevy engine. I have no connection to the seller. https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...olumbia-v8t4e4

Comment

• Richard
                Low Range
                • Nov 2006

Jack stowage

Question for Jim Chandler (who bought his NADA new):

I assume these trucks came with a Shelly jack, how did they stow it. The tool locker seems the logical place, but how did they keep it from rattling around?

1967 NADA 109 IIa SW
                1974 88 III

Comment

• patrickfoley1
                  1st Gear
                  • Feb 2010

Clarence came with a black roll-up tool kit which held several appropriate wrenches and a screwdriver. I wrapped the jack in the roll. Other appropriate maintenance related items were also stowed in the compartment.

Jim

Comment

• ray96disco
                    Low Range
                    • Aug 2007

#411. Delivered to Houston, TX. Purchased from a friend who was a longtime owner. The engine is seized. The transmission, transfer case were missing. It sat in a field in south Bexar County for 20+ years (you can see it on Google Earth 1995-2015). A rebuilt 1992 Range Rover V-8 Rover engine, with fuel injection, and transmission, along with a 2004 D2 LT230 T-case have been installed. Power steering from a P38 is in. New wiring harness, gauges, lights, springs, shock, tires, Series III brakes, exhaust system are in. Several small issues need to be cleared up but mechanically, it's very close to being through. Drove it for the first time yesterday. Brakes suck but I'm spoiled, as I've been driving an RRC for years.

All body seals, the late 1970's installed upholstery and window channels need replacing. I have the repair kit for the door hinges. I also have to replace one alpine window and one pane of the windshield. I wasn't going to repaint it but I'm afraid that when I finally wash it, the last of the paint will rinse off. Almost out of hibernation.
                    "Now the company of rogues and cutthroats is complete."

1993 RRC County LWB, Ardennes green
                    1967 Series IIa 109" NADA Station Wagon Light green
                    1996 Discovery SE7 Epsom green R.I.P.

Comment

• TWW777
                      Low Range
                      • Jul 2018

#107 is located in Chesterland, Ohio, and I've owned for about 3 years. It's original in pretty good condition, and hope to have it roadworthy this fall. Engine runs okay, but tranny needs rebuilding (leaking real bad).

Comment

• MechRookie
                        Low Range
                        • May 2020

#555 lives in Northern Virginia. Rolled off the line in red, now light green with only patches of clear coat left. Bought it in late 18 from Bring a Trailer. Runs well, original engine replaced with an “Iron Duke” (Pontiac I think) motor. Just replaced tires and tire valve stems, next up all the door and roof seals.

Comment

• patrickfoley1
                          1st Gear
                          • Feb 2010

It is not leaking, it is "Marking Its Territory".

Jim Chandler Bethel, OH

Comment

• michel
                            Low Range
                            • Nov 2017

Could anyone post a picture of an unmolested, original 109 NADA dash? I am trying to figure out which switch and panel goes where and the PO was very creative.

Thank you,

Michel (#720 and #808)

Comment

• patrickfoley1
                              1st Gear
                              • Feb 2010

NADA Dash

I am not computer literate. I can attach the appropriate pages, in pdf, of the NADA Parts Catalogue which contains a labeled drawing and parts list, to an email if that would be of any help.
                              Jim Chandler (an original owner) redbrush2@yahoo.com

Comment

• lyzaslandys
                                Low Range
                                • May 2020

#059 recently acquired from a field in Livermore, Maine. Previous owner apparently purchased from a sell off from ECR . Unsure of plans moving forward as we are currently in the rebuild of a of a 67 5 door diesel.

Comment

Working...