X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cnfowler
    1st Gear
    • Mar 2015

Mike, your description both above and on your eBay listing is misleading. You state there isn't even one dent in the body. However, in the picture above and on your listing, there is a noticeable dent on the driver side wing below the headlamp. You may want to reword your eBay listing. Just a thought.

Colin

Comment

• bugeyemike
      Low Range
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cnfowler
      Mike, your description both above and on your eBay listing is misleading. You state there isn't even one dent in the body. However, in the picture above and on your listing, there is a noticeable dent on the driver side wing below the headlamp. You may want to reword your eBay listing. Just a thought.

Colin
      I see what you are saying, it is a shadow and a dark line going across the base, it looks like a dent but it is not. If you look at any of the pictures taken from the side you will se there is no dent.

Comment

• bugeyemike
        Low Range
        • Sep 2017

Click image for larger version

Name:	21430488_10211608430298594_5621529416152852563_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	169736

Colin

Comment

• bugeyemike
          Low Range
          • Sep 2017

Colin
          Actually I see what you are seeing now. I was thinking it was the long line going vertically down. You are talking about the bottom left and I do see that, it is a scratch in the body and it does slightly crease. I will have that worked out before auction ends. Did not even notice it but very easy fix. Thanks for the good eyes! Or should I say Bug Eyes

Comment

• bugeyemike
            Low Range
            • Sep 2017

So today we got the motor to turn over after 30 years! Amazing thing to hear!

Comment

• cnfowler
              1st Gear
              • Mar 2015

That's exactly what I was talking about. You sound like a stand up guy. Good luck with the auction.

My Bug Eye has been sitting in my garage partially dismantled for 2.5 years. I'd love to hear it run one of the days!

Colin

Comment

• cardwell
                Low Range
                • Sep 2017

My name is Cardwell, from Savannah, GA. Just acquired the second Rover I’ve owned. She’s a 1969 limestone Bugeye (VIN: 24435824F). She sat untouched in the original owner’s garage for 27+ years. She was bought new in NC in 1969. Brought her home and had her running like a champ in a couple of days. Body and interior in good shape, chassis not so much.

Looking forward to meeting other Bugeye owners!

Thanks,
                Cardwell

Comment

• cnfowler
                  1st Gear
                  • Mar 2015

Congrats. Post some pictures when you get the chance. We never tire of seeing pictures of these old rigs.

Colin

Comment

• alaskabush
                    Low Range
                    • Aug 2018

Regretfully sold 24435439F in about 1987 in Alaska. Wondering if still active and in-state. Had headers and if I remember Rochester carb. Always reliable even in worst winter cold.

Comment

• jlaudin
                      Low Range
                      • Dec 2012

Knowing that this thread is stale, nevertheless, I am adding my Bugeye number 244367543F

Name:	Rover 1.JPG
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	169884Click image for larger version

Name:	Rover 1.JPG
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	169884

Comment

• lumpydog
                        3rd Gear
                        • May 2014

Not a stale thread at all. Just, not many new Bugeye's showing up! Check your chassis ID - looks like an extra digit.

Where you located? Where did you find the truck?
                        1968 Series IIa
                        1997 Defender SW (Original Owner - Sold)

Comment

• jlaudin
                          Low Range
                          • Dec 2012

You are correct 24435984F
                          It was being stored at Blue Ridge rovers in Asheville, NC and came up on ebay in September. I am in Omaha, NE.

Comment

• isleofbones
                            Low Range
                            • Feb 2009

Name:	red series 2a.jpg
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	169891Below is a pic of my '69 bugeye... it is my second '69 bugeye. It has a galvy frame and bulkhead. Currently has a series 3 radiator support and breakfast. The series 2a one is freshly galvanized and will be mounted within a few weeks, hopefully.Click image for larger version

Name:	Series 3 Grille and Breakfast.jpg
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	169890
                            Last edited by isleofbones; 12-06-2018, 07:34 PM. Reason: wrong pic

Comment

• mateo84
                              Low Range
                              • Jan 2010

Adding mine. 24435907F . My registry shows it as a 1970 year. How do I prove it’s a 1969 ?

Comment

• mateo84
                                Low Range
                                • Jan 2010

I used wings from a later year that had the recessed headlights as the bugeye wings were pretty banged up. I did keep the front portion of the bugeye wings because I knew it was special.

Comment

Working...