• Show
Clear All
  • jp-
    5th Gear
    • Oct 2006

[quote=Eric W S]
    Originally posted by Rineheitzgabot

That's funny.

It's doubtful you'll ever aggrevate me online. Nor did I respond in an aggrevated or hostile manner to your initial inane implication.

You are the only one speaking about discrimination. Not I. You seem to have some sort of weird fetish for it.

Not one of your recent examples points out an inconsistency with anything really. Social law and business laws are different. It is not something even worthy of pondering. Here you go. Pricing applied to each and every consumer equally isn't discriminatory. Charging higher prices to inexperienced drivers is just good business and isn't illegal or immoral (like true discrimination is).

If you like responding with chump-speak, so be it.

And for the record, I am still not aggrevated nor have you touched a nerve. I spent a boat load of money on educating myself and reserve the right to be well written and articulate.
    "You need to check your tone girl. Put your inside voice on before I put your a** outside."

-Dave Chapelle

I think your tone was a little aggravated, however, it matters not to me. All I was digging for was an understanding of your position.

Like Rine, I do see an interest in looking at social and business law. If universal pricing is not discriminatory, how can we make rich people pay more in taxes without calling that discrimination based on personal income?
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Comment

• jp-
      5th Gear
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by thixon
      ....And all of the above has what to do with Rovers?

I have an idea. I've got about a bazillion frequent flyer miles from all the business travel I do. Why don't I arrange to fly the two of you to a neutral location, give both of you medievil weapons of destruction, and let you bash each other till you can't stand it anymore. I'll video the whole thing, and post it here for the rest of the members of this board to see. It'll be way more entertaining than reading these posts.

Somthing like this is what I had in mind.
      Thixon, your medieval comments have angered me and I challenge you to a medieval duel. You can have your sword. I will bring my M16.
      61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
      66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
      66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
      67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
      88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Comment

• LaneRover
        Overdrive
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by jp-
        Thixon, your medieval comments have angered me and I challenge you to a medieval duel. You can have your sword. I will bring my M16.
        Unless you bring bullets too I'm putting my money on Thixon. . . .
        1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
        1965 109 SW - nearly running well
        1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
        1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Comment

• Rineheitzgabot
          4th Gear
          • Jun 2008

[quote=Eric W S]
          Originally posted by Rineheitzgabot

That's funny.

It's doubtful you'll ever aggrevate me online. Nor did I respond in an aggrevated or hostile manner to your initial inane implication.

You are the only one speaking about discrimination. Not I. You seem to have some sort of weird fetish for it.

Not one of your recent examples points out an inconsistency with anything really. Social law and business laws are different. It is not something even worthy of pondering. Here you go. Pricing applied to each and every consumer equally isn't discriminatory. Charging higher prices to inexperienced drivers is just good business and isn't illegal or immoral (like true discrimination is).

If you like responding with chump-speak, so be it.

And for the record, I am still not aggrevated nor have you touched a nerve. I spent a boat load of money on educating myself and reserve the right to be well written and articulate.

"Inane"? "Chump-speak"? We'll just let the readers of this forum decide whether or not you are hostile/aggrevated.

By the way, if you are not worried about your conduct, why don't you divulge what company you work for, and try to encourage us to patronize it.
          "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow

Comment

• Tim Smith
            Overdrive
            • Nov 2006

All I gotta say is...
            I just saved a bunch on my car insurance!!!

Seems appropriate to break this up.
            But is it?

Comment

• thixon
              5th Gear
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by jp-
              JP,

My medieval comments angering you, has now angered me. I accept your challenge. Meet me on Friday, August 15th, 2025 at the top of mount everest. There we shall battle to the death, each of us wielding.......a herring.

The winner shall enjoy a pint of grog.
              Travis
              '66 IIa 88

Comment

• Eric W S
                5th Gear
                • Dec 2006

Question was answered and the only remarks relate directly to the tone of response, as opposed to its substance. I am fine with that. I don't make it a point of being a troll nor trolling this board, or any other.

Thixon, it doesn't have a thing to do with rovers. Someone asked me a question and I answered it. You have some extra money for airfare, I'd rather go to the UK on a parts search.

Comment

Working...