Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Myron
    Low Range
    • Dec 2006

A few weeks ago, on our last paddling opportunity of the summer.

Comment

• Isgro
      Low Range
      • Nov 2021

Howdy all. New to the forum, but long time Land Rover fan (have previously owned an '89 RRC and a '12 RRS). Recently acquired a dream rig for me, a 1961 Series II 109 Station Wagon. It's 95% complete, but needs a bunch of love (motor rebuild, frame repair, etc). I've got a lot of work ahead of me, but I'm super excited to dive in. I figured I'd share what it looks like right now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	65799530308__C734FC10-19BB-428B-912F-4B12617CE9EF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	170159

Comment

• wrongway
        Low Range
        • Aug 2020

Well you got a fine vehicle there. I have one a few years older and had a fun time getting it up and running like I wanted. Keep us posted and ask any questions you may have. Lots of free advice gladly given.

Comment

• roverp480
          3rd Gear
          • Jul 2020

My S1 Station wagon here in the UK at The Land Rover Series One club meet in the Lake district this year

Name:	IMG_4753.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	170160Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4755.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	170161Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4761.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	170162

Comment

• wrongway
            Low Range
            • Aug 2020

First snow of the year.

Name:	20211219_141446.jpg
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	170177

Comment

• jimrr
              4th Gear
              • Dec 2010

that should be a nice rig when you get to driving it.

Comment

• mtbugeye
                Low Range
                • Jun 2021

Montana Bugeye Up and Running Again

Rescued this running survivor 69 bugeye S2a from Kalispell, MT (Feb.69 build date, NAS). It has been a Montana rig since the mid 60's, used for a small business for a while, several logged trips out of state, and it will live and play in Helena, MT. Doing a mechanical preservation with a few updates. Have owned several classic 4x4's and MT is just a great place to enjoy em. Repairs/upgrades so far: Replaced all fluids with proper grades, Oil filter spin-on adapter, Petronix dizzy, 3ohm Flame Thrower Coil, Delco 10Si Alternator conversion, bunch of wiring work with 2nd fuse panel, restored original oil bath air Cleaner, 16" Wolf wheels with 235/85/16 M/T trail runners, serviced brakes, Hella driving lights, new seats, reconditioned fuel tank, and a bin of more parts to replace. Gotta luv it!
                Attached Files

Comment

• biffidum
                  Low Range
                  • Nov 2021

Here is my 1972 Series 3. I bought it in November and spent my Christmas holidays in the garage repairing and painting. Needed bulkhead and door pillar work, rebuilt seat box, seals, recovered the dash, master and slave clutch cylinders, brake booster work, e-brake rebuilt with home made components (was missing key parts), steel support work for under the rear box, electrical work (added a wireless ignition interlock for security), all new seats and added 3 point retractable seat belts, repaired faulty new brake shoes so friction surfaces were in contact with the drum along entire surface, two new windows and all new tracks, ... long list. Just passed my safety and it is officially on the road. Drives like.... a Rover. I have obsessive compulsive tendencies

Name:	IMG_3723.jpg
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	170192Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3715.jpg
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	170193Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8280.jpg
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	170194Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8332.JPG
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	170195Click image for larger version

Name:	paint2.jpg
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	170196Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8371.jpg
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	170197Click image for larger version

Name:	safety.jpg
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	170198

Comment

• roverp480
                    3rd Gear
                    • Jul 2020

Originally posted by biffidum
                    Here is my 1972 Series 3. I bought it in November and spent my Christmas holidays in the garage repairing and painting.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13856[/ATTACH]
                    Excellent looking motor , you have made a huge improvement. I hope you don't mind me mentioning but the left hand (Drivers side) wiper arm should have a crank the other way round so that the blade lies parallel with the bottom of the glass when at rest . There was a mix up at one time with the parts list where it was showing them the opposite way round LH on the right and RH on the left, as I found out when I purchased a new one.

Comment

• biffidum
                      Low Range
                      • Nov 2021

No worries, I am waiting on a replacement set of wipers. That one actually works and stays on the glass for the entire sweep. Pretty lame wipers in general anyway. This is by no means a restoration, more of a make it safe and reliable or at least just reliable. The PO used this just for off-roading. There was mud packed in the highest of places. Both headlight buckets were filled with red mud!

Comment

• grimmecm
                        Low Range
                        • Apr 2023

1965 Series 2a Santana SWB

New to me 1965 Series 2a Santana SWB. Had it about a month so far. Only "modern" update I've made is going to tubeless wheels/tires.

Name:	882.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	170392
                        Current: 1965 Series 2a Santana SWB.

Past: 2006 SE V8.
                        2.5" lift Johnson Rods, 295/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, ATX AX201 18x9 wheels, Front Runner Slim Line II rack, Front Runner ladder, Additional fiddling through Gap Diagnostic IID Tool

Comment

• jp-
                          5th Gear
                          • Oct 2006

Nice looking Santana!

Here's my restomod 66 109".

Name:	Resized_20221001_085247-2.jpg
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	170396
                          Attached Files
                          61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
                          66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
                          66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
                          67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
                          88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Comment

• Myron
                            Low Range
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by jp-
                            Nice looking Santana!

Here's my restomod 66 109".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14278[/ATTACH]
                            Hi JP,

I am in need of new tires for my 64 IIA 88 and I confess it's more about getting the right look than it is about tire performance for me these days. I have always run a 215/85-16 but am considering a 235/85-16 because there are more choices.

Anyway, I saw your resto-mod on the long-running thread and wondered what tire you have on it? It really looks the part.

Thanks,

Myron

Comment

• jp-
                              5th Gear
                              • Oct 2006

Hey Myron,

They are Joyroad MT200's in 235/85R16. I'm running them on Wolf rims. My spare was just a little big for the bonnet, which is why I'm not running it up there. The M416 trailer has been converted to Rover rims and is running military NDT 7.00-16 tires, which is what the spare up front is, and these work just fine on the Rover as a spare.

The Joyroad's are a cheap chinese tire I got when I got to the "I need a rolling chassis" stage of the rebuild. But they actually aren't that bad. They ride ok, are not super loud (may change with wear), and are actually decent in the rain. But I only have about 1500 miles on them.

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Comment

• jp-
                                5th Gear
                                • Oct 2006

I took a look and it looks like they may be discontinued, or are just difficult to find now. I also really like the look of these Atlander Roverclaw's. And the Firestone Destination M/T2's are rated pretty well if you want a mud tire only. I do think an A/T tire would be a little better choice for me, since I'm on the interstate a fair amount.

Name:	Atlander Roverclaw.JPG
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	170397
                                How can you go wrong with a "Rover"claw?

Comment

Working...