X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NC Rover
    2nd Gear
    • Dec 2007

My Christms present arrived!

My brand new Weber 32/34 DMTL !! Wahoo! I had Pierce Manifolds order it for me directly from their weber distributer in England. Anyone know what type of tuning will need to be done or do they "pre-tune" the carb (air/fuel mixture) so to speak before shipping it?

1971 Series IIa Hybrid: 2.5L MILSPEC 5-Main Bearing Engine|Turner Engineering Performance Head w/ oversized hardened steel valves & phase shift/increased lift cam|LT77 Tranny/LT230 Transfer Case|11mm Ignition Wires/Super Coil|Jacobs Ignition/Petronix Ignitor|D90 Axles|Galvy Frame|Old Man Emu Coils|Cust Rear/Side Fuel Tanks|Cust Drive Shafts|
  • sven
    1st Gear
    • Dec 2006

When I bought the carb from Pierce, I had them check to see of the correct jets were installed before they shipped. The jets were not correct out of the box.
    99 D1
    73 Series III 88"
    95 RRC LWB

Comment

• ctrover
      Low Range
      • Aug 2007

Let me know how that new carb works for you-I have the same exact problem right now with my 1983 110 2.25.Same symptons-now she wont start at all and smells seriously flooded-have spark,new points and all that so I'm suspecting my 32/34.Its looks like the original carb and I got 140,000 miles on the rig.Engine is rebuilt.I was looking at 32/36 dgv on ebay but I might call pierce for a $260 32/34.Thats a good price.How long did it take to get?Only thing I see different from my carb and yours is I dont have that solenoid on the front with the short wire next to the fuel line intake.What is that?And where does it connect?I do have the shut off solenoid on the side that connects to the negative side of the ignition coil

Comment

• NC Rover
        2nd Gear
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ctrover
        Let me know how that new carb works for you-I have the same exact problem right now with my 1983 110 2.25.Same symptons-now she wont start at all and smells seriously flooded-have spark,new points and all that so I'm suspecting my 32/34.Its looks like the original carb and I got 140,000 miles on the rig.Engine is rebuilt.I was looking at 32/36 dgv on ebay but I might call pierce for a $260 32/34.Thats a good price.How long did it take to get?Only thing I see different from my carb and yours is I dont have that solenoid on the front with the short wire next to the fuel line intake.What is that?And where does it connect?I do have the shut off solenoid on the side that connects to the negative side of the ignition coil
        I checked the jets and they are the same as the ones on my old carb. I just set it up last night but haven't had a chance to crank it up yet. Will be doing that tonight.

It only took roughly a week ..maybe a few days more to get it.

From what I understand, that solenoid has something to do with a shutoff of some type. Below is a quote from a previous thread of mine...
        Originally posted by Andrew IIA
        Hmm. Don't know the name for that and I agree its not in the diagram (we'll call it gizmo for now). the wire runs from the gizmo to the solenoid for the fuel shut-off valve, a safety thing. I think that if there's a fire (or fuel overflow ?) the gizmo's internal thingy moves/slides and disrupts the electrical contact with the fuel shut-off solenoid (thus activating it). I don't know what holds mine in place as I've never had to remove it.

Andrew
        Last edited by NC Rover; 01-02-2009, 06:34 PM.
        1971 Series IIa Hybrid: 2.5L MILSPEC 5-Main Bearing Engine|Turner Engineering Performance Head w/ oversized hardened steel valves & phase shift/increased lift cam|LT77 Tranny/LT230 Transfer Case|11mm Ignition Wires/Super Coil|Jacobs Ignition/Petronix Ignitor|D90 Axles|Galvy Frame|Old Man Emu Coils|Cust Rear/Side Fuel Tanks|Cust Drive Shafts|

Comment

• ctrover
          Low Range
          • Aug 2007

turns out my problem wasnt the carb-my condensor was bad-I swapped in a spare just for the heck of it tonight and she fired right up!Running good now

Comment

Working...