Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yorker
    Overdrive
    • Nov 2006

I like the Rostyles but NO ONE else seems to. You are the first other person I've seen admit it! Overall the reason I like them is utilitarian-the fact that they can protect the lugnuts and hubs, but of course they need to be modified to fit on a series... and they do look strange on one.

I went from ~28" tires on 15" rims, I think 7.00 15s or 7.60 15s - some archaic size (h78?) to 7.50 16s on the early LWB rims on my 88. That cost me some turning radius and I really don't think I want to give up anymore via the Disco rims.

I had recommended the Disco rims to a friend of mine but now(After the LRO mailing list conversation) I'll have to tell him to reconsider- I don't think he was too wild about their non stock look anyway...
    Last edited by yorker; 02-03-2007, 12:47 PM.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Comment

• TeriAnn
      Overdrive
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by yorker
      EW! Disco Steels painted limestone? Somehow to me they just look wrong on a nicely restored Series, almost as bad as Rostyles.
      I think they look good in flat or semi gloss black though.

The do seem to pick up the colour of the land though.
      Camping in Kane Creek canyon, Moab
      -

Teriann Wakeman_________
      Flagstaff, AZ.

1960 Land Rover Dormobile, owned since 1978

My Land Rover web site

Comment

• jp-
        5th Gear
        • Oct 2006

Yorker,

According to your chart, the ANR4636 are 15" rims. This is incorrect. They are 16".
        61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
        66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
        66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
        67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
        88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Comment

• yorker
          Overdrive
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jp-
          Yorker,

According to your chart, the ANR4636 are 15" rims. This is incorrect. They are 16".
          Thanks!

Not my chart though it was one Paul Shultz posted to the LRO list, At least I think that was who ot was:
          1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Comment

• KingSlug
            1st Gear
            • Oct 2006

I like Disco Steelies....

I agree with TeriAnn. Black as along as it aint glossy, add some grease/oil/dirt and a bit of rust and they look fine. Plus they are heavy duty as hell (in thickness/weight and the bead lock ridge is big), let you add a bit larger tire and don't look too showy.

Here is a crappy pic of them on the amby: Taddah
            Visit The Wandering Hippo (my 109 S2A Ambulance).

Comment

Working...